Hawt NFL Deserves Its Own Thread - THIS ONE

I still can't believe that the jokers at Wise Pies thought it would be a good idea to put their name on the local basketball arena (aka, "The Pit") without considering how quickly it would devolve into being called the "Pie Hole".

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
It's a political thing. The lolbertarian in me thinks that billionaires shouldn't be pushing construction costs and maintenance requirements onto the electorate for a hole in the ground dedicated to modern gladiatorial entertainment.
I agree somewhat. Although they tell us that we get back much more than the cost of the stadium. It's an investment in the community! Either way, selling naming rights seems like it would defray some of the costs away from taxpayers (although a very small amount for sure).

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and Amstel
I agree somewhat. Although they tell us that we get back much more than the cost of the stadium. It's an investment in the community! Either way, selling naming rights seems like it would defray some of the costs away from taxpayers (although a very small amount for sure).
I know the one the Broncos have been dealing with they shared all of the naming rights info. Sports Authority's deal was 150mil for 25 years. So around 6mil a year. And that money goes solely for upkeep and updates of the stadium.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly