New boots

FlamingGlory said:
Uh... Whatever I want?

I do whatever interests me and I'm an insomiac. You'd be shocked how much you can do in 19-20 hour days.

Right now I wanted a rifle range in my backyard, but it's a swamp/forest, so I decided to clear a path through it about 500 yards long, well to get any kind of vehicles out there to put trees out of the path I have to build a road... So I've been digging a 3 deep x 10 wide foot ditch through the um forest. Then filling it with rocks until it stands 1ft higher than the surrounding ground. In the swampy bits I've been dragging 10ft long logs perpendicular to the proposed road bed to stabilize it (you cant dig in water, I've tried). All by hand.

I also have been building stuff at night, still working on my rifle, a winch made from a 20hp lawnmower engine, etc. Rock climbing and running are what I do to relax... Well that and doing math problems, scrabble... Feeling sorry for myself... Drinking...

Oh, and I'm looking for another job in the music industry. This is what happens when you dont go to college right away kids!

You're an interesting one.

I'd go for "Corcoran #XC1525" if I was doing all of those things you do. They look like the most durable. The first boot listed looks like something straight out of the Village People.

Thorn Bird said:
i don't know. they all look good.

Note: Get some Windex on that monitor.

SpangeMonkee said:
What function will these boots have? Snow boots, work boots, hiking boots or all of the above?

I would assume they'll be strictly for resting on his parents' coffee table.

FlamingGlory said:
(warehousing)

I've never heard it put this way - it almost sounds compelling like scrapbooking or sucking the sweat off my Dad's balls.

Fat Burger said:
boot8.jpg

LOL@Ughs(sp?)

[/end ball breaking diatribe]

Last edited:
shawndavid said:
I've never heard it put this way - it almost sounds compelling like scrapbooking or sucking the sweat off my Dad's balls.
I... don't understand? I was a warehouse manager before. Shipping, sorting, storing things, in boxes.

SpangeMonkee said:
What function will these boots have? Snow boots, work boots, hiking boots or all of the above?

I personally haven't worn boots in a long time. Sneakers are just way more comfortable (plus I don't kick as much shit these days). Anyways, I do know that Carolina Shoes makes some pretty good boots. I think they make 10" ones, but I know they have 9" ones too.

i've had a pair of those. they were some of the better boots i wore in a machine shop.

Dude, between the guns, and the military issued boots, why don't you just join the Canadian Forces?

Sarcasmo said:

I hardly think those choices are sufficient for his intents and purposes.

ie:
Running (on rocks, pavement, swamp)
Land clearing
Fires
Rock climbing
Barn work
Shop work (diesel engine repair, machining)
Working at my real job (warehousing)
And lack of a car means I walk EVERYWHERE, 10+ miles a day

*edit

Also, there isn't a pair of shoes fine enough to make a chick look down and forget he doesn't have a car

shawndavid said:
Also, there isn't a pair of shoes fine enough to make a chick look down and forget he doesn't have a car
That's standard around here. Barely anyone under 25 owns their own car.