Need to vent v.03

Pandora said:
Sometimes my cube neighbor vents, I hate being a captive audience. :barf:

I get that a lot too...sometimes when they "vent" we like to play the game where we try to guess what they ate for lunch.

Edit: today was McDonalds

SpangeMonkee said:
You need a sign that says, "Stop! I'm busy working while you are not" on one side and on the other, "Come on in! I feel like slacking off like you!"

edit: or you can have your uterus removed and put it in a pickle jar on your desk.

pic1-baby-kosher-dillsOver.gif

Hmmm...I wonder how my boss would feel about that....?

I'll just fill the jar with blood and label it, "my uterus". Maybe that'll get the point across. :lol:

The other day (week?) our web developer came across an issue where one of our websites wasn't opening for some people but not others, and because he's old skool he doesn't communicate well with anyone who can't build a Linux distro from scratch, so it was determined that I should call the web host. For three days I did holy battle with the web tech support idiots at our host and was somehow able to convince them, even up to their highest level of support, that the issue was on their end and not ours. They escalated the issue from one support group to another all the way up to their DNS administration team until all of the sudden the site started working again, which I of course chalked up to them fixing something and not admitting to the error. Later that afternoon, on the 3rd day going against tech support, I come to find out that our web developer had forgotten to correctly direct the www.auctionadvisor.com URL to the correct page. So when someone like me (who never types www.) went to the page it would work, but it would not work for anyone who typed the full URL.

Moral of this story: Yell and scream at tech support loud enough, and with enough intelligence, and you could probably convince them that they were responsible for the Kennedy assassination.

hmm, venting.....
i worked over 13 hours yesterday with no lunch break. i've repeated an experiment for one of the professors i do work for 5 freakin times and it's still not working because of the way he wants it set up. i keep telling him it won't work because of reasons a through e and he won't let me play around with it myself(i've done this experiment about 200 times, he's done it maybe twice). on the flipside he won't do any other experiments to show the same freakin results that he's trying to get from me, so instead of going to the river to get some water he's trying to squeeze it out of a stone. and instead of halting the other stuff he's doing in tandem with this experiment he's having me run, he wants to keep getting the same crappy results with his other stuff. so i had to run a protocol that took 5 hours to do on top of repeating this experiment again because it was crucial and blah blah blah. not even a thank you for putting all my other work aside to do his shite. my boss has already torn him a new asshole in front of me for wasting my time and for trying to pass blame on others for his own shortcomings with his research, so that was kind of retribution but as of 9:00 last night when i left the lab it wasn't enough. /LOL ANOTHER F33NX JOB THREAD.

F33nX said:
hmm, venting.....
i worked over 13 hours yesterday with no lunch break. i've repeated an experiment for one of the professors i do work for 5 freakin times and it's still not working because of the way he wants it set up. i keep telling him it won't work because of reasons a through e and he won't let me play around with it myself(i've done this experiment about 200 times, he's done it maybe twice). on the flipside he won't do any other experiments to show the same freakin results that he's trying to get from me, so instead of going to the river to get some water he's trying to squeeze it out of a stone. and instead of halting the other stuff he's doing in tandem with this experiment he's having me run, he wants to keep getting the same crappy results with his other stuff. so i had to run a protocol that took 5 hours to do on top of repeating this experiment again because it was crucial and blah blah blah. not even a thank you for putting all my other work aside to do his shite. my boss has already torn him a new asshole in front of me for wasting my time and for trying to pass blame on others for his own shortcomings with his research, so that was kind of retribution but as of 9:00 last night when i left the lab it wasn't enough. /LOL ANOTHER F33NX JOB THREAD.

Well, at least your boss recognized your effort and that it was the proff that was a dumbass. :heart: Props to you girlie! :clap:

Here's mine. It's really all I've got today.

We are out of milk and eggs so I couldn't make pancakes for breakfast and now I have to go to the grocery store to buy more milk and eggs.

kiwi said:

We are out of milk and eggs so I couldn't make pancakes for breakfast and now I have to go to the grocery store to buy more milk and eggs.

ouch, I'd be stressing the fuck out! :p

:fly: :heart:

Oh job venting!!!

So my mom spent 3 weeks in the hospital last month, upon her release she had to have constant supervision and my brothers couldn't help. I talked this over with 2 partners and my office manager and got the permission to go to St. Louis for 2 weeks to take care of my mom. I drove down there on Sunday, came back Thursday, worked Friday and Saturday and repeated the next week. Well, the day we got back the 2nd time, SchmilK's grandfather passed away, so I had to go to the funeral, it was one extra day off...

Well, now that' I'm back, I'm in BIG trouble with the partners for "never being in the office" even though I got permission to take the time off and I have the vacation time coming.

So I'm boycotting work all together, while I was gone I worked from whereever I was, had their reports up to date and kept up with my work. All that was missing was my presence. Now that I'm back, I show up everyday but damned if I'm actualy going to do any work.

:mad:

KNYTE said:
So when someone like me (who never types www.) went to the page it would work, but it would not work for anyone who typed the full URL.

That happened here recently. The network admin mistyped the DNS entry. www.website.com worked, website.com didn't.
Me: I think it's a DNS issue.
Him: No, it's a routing problem.
*30 minutes*
Me: I think it's a DNS issue.
Him: No, it's a routing problem.
*30 minutes*
Him: Hey, it's a DNS problem.

kiwi said:

yo I love pancakes :D