Need to vent v.03

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
What is the deal with office chittchat?! I've got a backlog of work to do from being gone for two days, but everyone wants to come by my office and chat. Can't you see I'm busy here?! :wtf:

The icing on the cake, they all wanna talk about a coworkers baby, because she brought the baby in to work with her today. "OMG did you see so'n'sos baby?! She's so adorable..blahblahblah." Daycare wouldn't take her cuz she has a fever, so we get to deal with a sick baby in the office today. :rolleyes:

So, anyone else have a button pushed lately?

Meh.

Edit: Meh.

Edit: Mail carrier thinks that attempted delivery is pulling up in front of my house honking the horn and driving away before anyone can answer the door. Also if you dont gossip at work people will tell you everything. Last job I got a reputation for not spreading things around and people were always telling me personal things 0_o

Last edited:
Hey Peter...what's happening? Listen, I'm going need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday....

Yep, stupid people asking for things that they don't even understand.

A guy sent a request to me today for annual retention rates for the Fall 2005 Cohort of new freshmen. He is asking me to literally tell the future...we don't know if we retained Fall 2005 people until Fall 2006! I mean, is something about that concept hard? He even used the pharase "annual" in his request. People need to understand their question before they start seeking answers, that's all I can say.

Oh, and that person came to banter with the wrong chick about babies :lol:

in regards to my events last night:

dear you know who,

I’m sorry that you had to kick your fiancé out of your apartment, but to be honest you should have done it a year ago when he cheated on you with Heather from Glen Burnie that works at the flower shop. “I was going to buy you flowers for your birthday, but she reminded me of you when you were younger” is not an excuse. Actually, you should have broken up with him 4 years ago, because he cheated on you then too, and not really remembering it because “it was so long ago” isn’t an excuse either, since you should have handled it the day after you found out. Look, I’m proud that you found the strength within yourself to give him his ring back and kick him out of your home but when you call me up just to “get coffee” with you for “a little bit” it shouldn’t turn into a 5 hour event where you cry all over you latté and bring tons of attention from everyone inside starbucks and everyone reading inside the attached barnes and noble because all of this shit happened. It’s embarrassing. But not as embarrassing as you waiting so fucking long to pull the trigger on that loser.

Last edited:
One could argue that venting on the interweb about other people's mindless chit-chat keeping you from your work is not helping you complete said work.

Could it be that your real gripe is not that they're keeping you from working, but are instead forcing you to maintain some thin veneer of false politeness in the face of their banality?

Last edited:
Pandora said:
What is the deal with office chittchat?! I've got a backlog of work to do from being gone for two days, but everyone wants to come by my office and chat. Can't you see I'm busy here?! :wtf:

The icing on the cake, they all wanna talk about a coworkers baby, because she brought the baby in to work with her today. "OMG did you see so'n'sos baby?! She's so adorable..blahblahblah." Daycare wouldn't take her cuz she has a fever, so we get to deal with a sick baby in the office today. :rolleyes:

So, anyone else have a button pushed lately?
damn you hate kids

So the network admin's wife's younger sister is pregnant. Her boyfriend Pele was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America, but decided to drop out because he wanted to come back to Portland to be a father. Both his and her families are trying to get him to go back, since it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Hey Doug, I don't give a shit! Go tell your life story to someone else :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hate it too.

ERage said:
Yep, stupid people asking for things that they don't even understand.

A guy sent a request to me today for annual retention rates for the Fall 2005 Cohort of new freshmen. He is asking me to literally tell the future...we don't know if we retained Fall 2005 people until Fall 2006! I mean, is something about that concept hard? He even used the pharase "annual" in his request. People need to understand their question before they start seeking answers, that's all I can say.

Oh, and that person came to banter with the wrong chick about babies :lol:

Yeah I get stupid questions all the time too and I always give them the same answer.

Person: When is this check going out?
Me: I'm not sure when the CFO will decide to cut payment on it.
Person: Do you think it will be this week?
Me: I'm not sure when the CFO will decide to cut payment on it.
Person: Well can you talk to him about it for me?
Me: Sure, I'll let him know that they want to be paid.
Me thinks to self: as opposed to everyone else who doesn't want to be paid :tard:

A week later, the same convo with the same person...and the next week...and the next.

Fat Burger said:
So the network admin's wife's younger sister is pregnant. Her boyfriend Pele was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America, but decided to drop out because he wanted to come back to Portland to be a father. Both his and her families are trying to get him to go back, since it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Hey Doug, I don't give a shit! Go tell your life story to someone else :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hate it too.

Theac and I had a waiter do that to us while we were out on our anniversery dinner the other night. They guy went on for like 10 mins about breaking up with his college sweetheart, and about how he wanted to turn his dinning room into a "Gaming room, guys only, where the girls will leave us alone to do our thing." :tard: I was dying to ask him why he thought we would care, but I didn't want spooge in my dinner.

Last edited:
You need a sign that says, "Stop! I'm busy working while you are not" on one side and on the other, "Come on in! I feel like slacking off like you!"

edit: or you can have your uterus removed and put it in a pickle jar on your desk.

pic1-baby-kosher-dillsOver.gif

Last edited: