Naked Nintendo Date : November 19

Oh yeah, that reminds me. The DS is going to function with the Wii somehow. They've been sketchy on this, but I'm guessing you'll be able to load games purchased from the VC Channel onto your DS for on the go play.

That's surface-of-the-sun hot.

theacoustician said:
Oh yeah, that reminds me. The DS is going to function with the Wii somehow. They've been sketchy on this, but I'm guessing you'll be able to load games purchased from the VC Channel onto your DS for on the go play.

That's surface-of-the-sun hot.
look who's jealous now!

elpmis said:
me saying I drive an F1 car is about as lame as saying my car is made by Renault

and I'm fully aware of Corvette's Le Mans status now go drive your Chevy,Tony Stewart

ooh, I struck a nerve! :p

Sarcasmo said:
For the love of Christ please change the thing's name. That's all I have to constructively contribute.

I can agree with that...what is the name supposed to mean or signify anyway? :confused:

theac. I'm asking you a serious question here. Of the Xbox360, PS3 and Wii.. which should I get? Which is honestly going to provide the most enjoyment that I won't experience on the PC a few months down the line.

Multiplayer is a must like.

Galen said:
theac. I'm asking you a serious question here. Of the Xbox360, PS3 and Wii.. which should I get? Which is honestly going to provide the most enjoyment that I won't experience on the PC a few months down the line.

PS3 is the best way to go

Knyte keeps trying to convince me we need one of these by using the argument that it's "a girl's console".

His argument isn't working, I am unconvinced. Although playing nekkid nintendo with the ladies of this board is tempting.

Nintendo is going to try their hardest to make this work but they have fallen behind for far to long. They focused on the childrens market while Sony was ripping up everything else. Minus a few old head hardcore fans it isn't gonna do to well in the long run. And we have all scene that the 360 really hasnt' done a thing. Their attempt to take regular Xbox games and fancy them up sucks. Their acual catalog only contains a few games. No don't get me wrong oblivion was the shit but its not enough to last. Once PS3 hits it will do just like PS1 and PS2 did and burn away everything else. They will have an excellent game selection that will not include the PS2 version with an extra level.

Last edited:
Floptical said:
Nintendo is going to try their hardest to make this work but they have fallen behind for far to long. They focused on the childrens market while Sony was ripping up everything else. Minus a few old head hardcore fans it isn't gonna do to well in the long run. And we have all scene that the 360 really hasnt' done a thing. Thier attempt to take regular Xbox games and fancy them up sucks. Their acual catalog only contains a few games. No don't get me wrong oblivion was the shit but its not enough to last. Once PS3 hits it will do just like PS1 and PS2 did and burn away everything else. They will have an excellent game selection that will not include the PS2 version with an extra level.

I want to get a PS2 so I can get Guitar Hero, but sadly, I can't justify buying a console for one game and there really is nothing else I want it for or would use it for.

Galen said:

I'd say roll with the X360 or the Wii.

If you like console gaming, the X360 is for you. Its truly next gen and has a hellva online service. There are ok games out there now and some of the next wave of games look hot.

Wii isn't going to be quite like anything else out there. The controller scheme is too unique. I think it will be the most fun of all the systems. It will be the easiest for someone to just pick up, turn on, and start having fun quickly. It will also be the cheapest.

PS3 is a mistake. Its not launching till March 07 in the UK and EU and I believe I saw that the price is 425 pounds sterling. That's just the system, no controllers, no games. There isn't enough there to justify that kind of price. With the complexity of the system and the current component manufacturing shortages, I forsee failures that will make the X360 issues look like small potatos.

Floptical said:
Nintendo is going to try their hardest to make this work but they have fallen behind for far to long. They focused on the childrens market while Sony was ripping up everything else. Minus a few old head hardcore fans it isn't gonna do to well in the long run. And we have all scene that the 360 really hasnt' done a thing. Their attempt to take regular Xbox games and fancy them up sucks. Their acual catalog only contains a few games. No don't get me wrong oblivion was the shit but its not enough to last. Once PS3 hits it will do just like PS1 and PS2 did and burn away everything else. They will have an excellent game selection that will not include the PS2 version with an extra level.
This is funny because people used that arguement for the PSP vs. DS. Look who won there.

If you think Nintendo is so far behind, why were the lines 8+ hours long to demo the system at E3 when the PS3 had little to no wait the entire time?

kiwi said:
I want to get a PS2 so I can get Guitar Hero, but sadly, I can't justify buying a console for one game and there really is nothing else I want it for or would use it for.
This Xmas, you'll be able to get a used PS2 for $50. GH1 will probably be in the $25 range and you can pick up GH2 and a guitar controller bundle for $60.

theacoustician said:
This is funny because people used that arguement for the PSP vs. DS. Look who won there.

If you think Nintendo is so far behind, why were the lines 8+ hours long to demo the system at E3 when the PS3 had little to no wait the entire time?

PSP is way better than the DS. And don't get me wrong I'm super amped about all of them. But what I'm saying is when all the smoke clears the PS3 will be on top.

theacoustician said:
This Xmas, you'll be able to get a used PS2 for $50. GH1 will probably be in the $25 range and you can pick up GH2 and a guitar controller bundle for $60.

Hmmmm.........

Floptical said:
PSP is way better than the DS. And don't get me wrong I'm super amped about all of them. But what I'm saying is when all the smoke clears the PS3 will be on top.
The DS has outsold the PSP by a fair amount. Something like 22M units to 12M units. The PSP has 1 blockbuster title (1M+ units sold) and the UMD is a failure as a movie format. The DS has at least 12 blockbuster titles.

Nintendo is on target to push 4M Wii units this year. Sony is only predicting about 500,000 and they haven't even started production yet. There is a very real possiblity they won't be able to ship for Christmas. If they give MS a 2 Christmas and Nintendo a 1 Christmas lead, they're done. Sony is losing 3rd party publishers and Nintendo is snapping them up. Its all about install base, as this generation and the PS2 proved, not superior power. Sony has priced themselves outside of the 100M install base they had this time around. They're predicting a $3B loss in the first year of launching the PS3. That's half the company's reserves.

theacoustician said:
The DS has outsold the PSP by a fair amount. Something like 22M units to 12M units. The PSP has 1 blockbuster title (1M+ units sold) and the UMD is a failure as a movie format. The DS has at least 12 blockbuster titles.

Nintendo is on target to push 4M Wii units this year. Sony is only predicting about 500,000 and they haven't even started production yet. There is a very real possiblity they won't be able to ship for Christmas. If they give MS a 2 Christmas and Nintendo a 1 Christmas lead, they're done. Sony is losing 3rd party publishers and Nintendo is snapping them up. Its all about install base, as this generation and the PS2 proved, not superior power. Sony has priced themselves outside of the 100M install base they had this time around. They're predicting a $3B loss in the first year of launching the PS3. That's half the company's reserves.

I guess that's the main reason I had a kid so I could buy them all and not worry about which one I should get.