Naked Nintendo Date : November 19

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Wii for $250 - White only at launch
http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/revolution-1-lg.jpg
Nov 19th release date - 3 Days after PS3 and before Japan gets it!
Wii Sports included
Wii remote included
Wii Strap included
Nunchuk included
Stand included
30 NES titles at launch
30 Turbo Graphix16 Titles at launch
10 new Virtual Console titles added every month
Wii has "Channels" at startup
Wii Channel for local forecast
Wii Channel for news
Wii Channel for Shopping
Wii Channel for Mii (my fav)
Wii Channel for Web (Opera)
Wii Channel for Photocasting and editing
Virtual Console titles for about $5-$10
VC systems show up as Channels
Expected to sell over 4 million in 43 days (until end of 2006)
Bowling and boxing added to Wii sports
Sensor Bar included

30 launch titles
First party titles are $49.99

VC pricing :
500 Wii Points for NES Games
800 Wii points for SNES
1000 for N64 Games
2000 Wii Points for $20

Games become thier own Channels

The Mii Channel : A digital 3D caricature of you, your friends, your family, anyone you want to create. Three basic ways to interact. Creation, choose a look-alike, 2nd you can start from scratch. Transfer Miis to Wii Remote, take them with you. Populate your games with your custom persistant avatar.

Photo viewer can play video clips

There is a Wii Message Board, send messages to other Wii users, PC users, or to cellphones. Leave messages for other family members on your calendar.

You can download an Opera browser using Wii points and surf the web.

Wii Remote has MSRP of $39.99

Nunchuk attachment has MSRP of $19.99.

All first-party, most if not all, content is widescreen.
Needless to say, I won't be posting from Novemeber 19 till ... whenever. Most of this gaming will be done naked, because that's how Nintendo is supposed to be played. Who else is in besides elpmis?

I might have to check it out...is there a new mario game or kart game in the 1st out titles? if so, I'm sold

This forum can pretty much assume as of November 19th I'm officially retiring from 'frequent' forum activity.

why_ask_why said:
I might have to check it out...is there a new mario game or kart game in the 1st out titles? if so, I'm sold
Nope.

As far as big name Nintendo icon game coming with the launch there is only Zelda.

The first Wii Mario game (Super Mario Galaxy) won't be out till 2007

elpmis said:
Nope.

As far as big name Nintendo icon game coming with the launch there is only Zelda.

The first Wii Mario game (Super Mario Galaxy) won't be out till 2007

zelda might be enough to sell me...haven't been too keen on the last couple though...have to look into it first

is this going to be something that will sell out nationwide the first day? should I buy 20 of them and make a zillion $'s on ebay?

why_ask_why said:
is this going to be something that will sell out nationwide the first day? should I buy 20 of them and make a zillion $'s on ebay?
I think there will be initial issues

Microsoft shipped 350,000 Xbox 360s to North America at launch. So Wii will be about as hard to get as a 360 on launch day (no doubt Nintendo will be much better at getting retailers restocked). Wii is also launching on a weekend... which means more people will able to get in line earlier.

elpmis said:
I think there will be initial issues

Microsoft shipped 350,000 Xbox 360s to North America at launch. So Wii will be about as hard to get as a 360 on launch day (no doubt Nintendo will be much better at getting retailers restocked). Wii is also launching on a weekend... which means more people will able to get in line earlier.
Perhaps you missed the 4M units delievered between launch and Dec. 31. I don't think it'll be a problem to get one.

theacoustician said:
Perhaps you missed the 4M units delievered between launch and Dec. 31. I don't think it'll be a problem to get one.
My post was more specifically directed towards launch date, but you're right, I didn't read about 4 million in a month and a half

doubt there will be ebay sales like with the 360

why_ask_why said:
kinda looks like oblivion :confused:
Sure, but it's gonna play like Zelda. Plus it has the big fucking "NINTENDO" seal on it. That guarantees immediate liquid explosion in pants.