My Evening Workout

Gatorade is a sports drink and should only be consumed as such. Drink it during the workout or in times when you need to rehydrate yourself. The whole point is to help athletes retain water; people who drink it while sitting on their ass are making themselves fat. It has a ton of carbs and a ton of salt that you do not need unless you're very active.

Gatorade is a sports drink and should only be consumed as such. Drink it during the workout or in times when you need to rehydrate yourself. The whole point is to help athletes retain water; people who drink it while sitting on their ass are making themselves fat. It has a ton of carbs and a ton of salt that you do not need unless you're very active.

Well for some weird reason Gatorade AM does more for me then coffee does and I enjoy drinking it in the morning. Probably not a good idea then, dammit. Gotta be better than coffee with my spoon standing straight up though right? I dont like coffee without sugar and cream, lots of it :fly:

Well for some weird reason Gatorade AM does more for me then coffee does and I enjoy drinking it in the morning. Probably not a good idea then, dammit. Gotta be better than coffee with my spoon standing straight up though right? I dont like coffee without sugar and cream, lots of it :fly:

ew

If you actually want to get in better shape at any noticeable rate you're going to need to change those little things, too. No booze, no soda, no Gatorade unless you just finished playing an hour or two of some strenuous sport and no coffee unless you're taking it black. Like your men.

ew

If you actually want to get in better shape at any noticeable rate you're going to need to change those little things, too. No booze, no soda, no Gatorade unless you just finished playing an hour or two of some strenuous sport and no coffee unless you're taking it black. Like your men.

I dont drink soda anymore. I rarely drink coffee unless I need it after a long night but now I have switched to Gatorade. I normally dont eat during the day so wouldnt that substitute for the Gatorade intake? I drink one normal size bottle on days that I am overly tired. My normal eating habits, unless I remember to pack a lunch dont start until 4pm when I have dinner. I know that needs to be changed but how bad is it to starve myself if I dont feel starved?

I dont even get hungry until about 3pm. Then by the time I get home around 4ish from work I eat and I dont eat that much. I have never really been a big eater, more of a big drinker which IMO is where I gained the most weight. Well that and a huge lack of physical activity.

uh no

The fact that you really don't eat during the day is bad. You're not going to get in better shape unless you actually do it right. You can't substitute one thing for the other, you either sack up and do it all the way or accept the fact that your way is going to take you a hell of a lot longer than the right way. Gatorade provides salt and carbs but no real nutrition. No, it doesn't make up for not eating.

Yes it's bad to starve yourself. You have to realize that for millions of years we evolved in the wild. It's only been the last few thousand years that humans have had stores of food so negate the natural desire to hunt and gather. Our bodies are still used to the idea that if we're not eating every few hours that means there's a food shortage and thus the body needs to go into conservation mode. So you don't eat until 4, your body is in starvation mode and then you infuse it with carbs, salts and some dinner. Every ounce of fat is going to be stored because your body is still in starvation mode, all that protein is not going to be used properly and all those carbs are also going to be stored up and turned into fat.

It doesn't matter when you get hungry. Eat a fucking breakfast. Eat something light every two or three hours. If you don't then you might as well light that gym membership on fire and burn that cash away because you're not making a damn bit of difference by just working out and then treating your body like crap. If anything you're doing even more damage to your body because you're putting more stress on it, destroying those muscles without giving your body the proper tools with which to rebuild them.

I don't know how many times this has to be reiterated.

If you want to do this you have to do it RIGHT.

uh no

The fact that you really don't eat during the day is bad. You're not going to get in better shape unless you actually do it right. You can't substitute one thing for the other, you either sack up and do it all the way or accept the fact that your way is going to take you a hell of a lot longer than the right way. Gatorade provides salt and carbs but no real nutrition. No, it doesn't make up for not eating.

Yes it's bad to starve yourself. You have to realize that for millions of years we evolved in the wild. It's only been the last few thousand years that humans have had stores of food so negate the natural desire to hunt and gather. Our bodies are still used to the idea that if we're not eating every few hours that means there's a food shortage and thus the body needs to go into conservation mode. So you don't eat until 4, your body is in starvation mode and then you infuse it with carbs, salts and some dinner. Every ounce of fat is going to be stored because your body is still in starvation mode, all that protein is not going to be used properly and all those carbs are also going to be stored up and turned into fat.

It doesn't matter when you get hungry. Eat a fucking breakfast. Eat something light every two or three hours. If you don't then you might as well light that gym membership on fire and burn that cash away because you're not making a damn bit of difference by just working out and then treating your body like crap. If anything you're doing even more damage to your body because you're putting more stress on it, destroying those muscles without giving your body the proper tools with which to rebuild them.

A couple more times :fly: :heart:

I really appreciate it because I really dont know much. I have built up a normal system that I am used to and it is going to be difficult to break. My insight on it was "since I never work out and I start working out I will lose weight". I know now that I need to put the extra effort into it and I have been, just slowly. I have not gone off my diet to much but the last week I have been a little bad. My diet is kinda fuct though cause I dont really have anything set in stone, just eating healthy.

:heart: I know. I'm the same way, I've been trying to get back into shape but I have so many bad habits to break that it's really hard. Unfortunately the one thing I need - someone constantly pushing me, getting on my case about being lazy - is the one thing I don't have. So I hope you get the reason I'm saying all these things to you. :p I'm not trying to be a dick but someone people like us need a kick in the ass before we do what we know we're supposed to do.

:heart: I know. I'm the same way, I've been trying to get back into shape but I have so many bad habits to break that it's really hard. Unfortunately the one thing I need - someone constantly pushing me, getting on my case about being lazy - is the one thing I don't have. So I hope you get the reason I'm saying all these things to you. :p I'm not trying to be a dick but someone people like us need a kick in the ass before we do what we know we're supposed to do.

Oh, I appreciate it!!!

My motivation is easy, I look down or think how much harder it is for me to meet women now. I have to work so much harder to show I am more than just fat and its annoying :fly:. I can see if I lose 30 pounds how I will need someone but for now my fatness is a good motivator.

uh no

yes, tis true. and like you or not, we will begin to get frustrated if you make us tell you the same things over and over again.

5 "small" meals a day man.

when i'm ON IT:

7 am--egg or even egg whites, maybe some lowfat cheese in it
10 am -- tuna or other protein
1 -- lunch.. protein and veggies
4 lil protein snack
6ish (post workout) you really should have a protein shake.

8ish.. light dinner, again, mostly protein and veggies, and def no bread, wheat or not.... if you're gonna do wheat and/or sugar, do it preworkout IMO, to burn it off during your workouts.

gotta run.

I just started back yesterday. My friend Luke and I have a bet for who loses more over the next 6 months.

Brad, check out this guy's site. He has good information on diet. Also, here are links for both 3 and 5 day workouts. Warm up on the cycle for 10 minutes or so when you get there and then try to do 30-45 mins of cardio when you're finished with weight training. It sucks, but I cut 30-35 pounds in 6 months doing this before.

Zac took a video of my weigh in on Sunday. I'm a mushy 229.5 lbs.

I'm keeping a photojournal on Luke's board and have posted my weigh in vid. That should keep me motivated given the fact that people will be watching my progress. If you'd like to share weekly pic updates I'll do that with you.

Oh, and there's that thing about the loser having to spring for dinner at Bern's...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqDjEBrJ-x0"]YouTube - Fat Boy Face Off - Weigh In[/ame]

Last edited:
I just started back yesterday. My friend Luke and I have a bet for who loses more over the next 6 months.

Brad, check out this guy's site. He has good information on diet. Also, here are links for both 3 and 5 day workouts. Warm up on the cycle for 10 minutes or so when you get there and then try to do 30-45 mins of cardio when you're finished with weight training. It sucks, but I cut 30-35 pounds in 6 months doing this before.

Zac took a video of my weigh in on Sunday. I'm a mushy 229.5 lbs.

I'm keeping a photojournal on Luke's board and have posted my weigh in vid. That should keep me motivated given the fact that people will be watching my progress. If you'd like to share weekly pic updates I'll do that with you.

Oh, and there's that thing about the loser having to spring for dinner at Bern's...

YouTube - Fat Boy Face Off - Weigh In

Shawn, I dont see a link to the site you were talking about?

I know I live far away but if heading home from school any days you want to come walk to the gym and work out with me you are more then welcome. I will cover the cost of the day workout, probably not much anyways. As for cardio, I walk to the gym so that is about 45 minutes of walking a day. Also if the timing is right and you want a workout partner down there we can do the opposite. The truck goes in to get fixt Thursday so we will have it back by Friday, hopefully if it is just the heater core/coil thingy.

Edit - I dont have a scale but I weighed myself at Atoms house 2 weeks ago and I was at 255, down from 265. I should probably be down to 250 right now I would imagine but I am not sure.

Last edited: