My Evening Workout

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So today I decided that my house workout, although helping, was not enough. I got my walking shoes on and started walking down Starkey. I had a plan to walk about 2 miles and turn back. I made it about 2 miles down and noticed a gym that I have noticed in the past, kinda had it in my head too and stopped in. I ended up just signing up for a month membership to see if I like it there. Worked out for about 30 minutes, upper body and it looked like it was gonna rain so I walked home.

Total Today ~3+ or so miles walking and 30 minute workout.

Food intake - Roast Beef Sandwhich, 3 thin slices on wheat, piece of cheese just cause:p

Drink Intake - 6 bottles of water, 1 on the way to the gym rest at work, 1 more now.

I doubt I will remember to post everyday but I am going to try. I am really going to put my mind to this and work my ass off for it. I figure the hour walk a day to the gym and back plus 30 minutes weights is a good start. If I drive there, mid day on weekend is to hot, I will do treadmill for an hour to make up for it.

Thanks for the ongoing support, beside wanting it for myself you guys are very encouraging and make me want to push harder. :heart:

Feel free to post more workout ideas, your current workout or whatever you want. I didnt make it on-topic so you can post whatever, serious comments are really appreciated though!

Edit - I realize how long its been since I've worked out though cause I cant remember how to use half the machines. If anyone wants to point some shit out in that regard or good free weight(with no spot) exercises that would be great too!

Last edited:
My coworker DVR's stuff on FITtv. I did the same and that is about as far as I have gotten. She comes to work muscles aching so that channel must have some great (at home) exercises!

I bought a yoga ball a few months ago and haven't pumped it back up since the move. :( Please inspire me.

My coworker DVR's stuff on FITtv. I did the same and that is about as far as I have gotten. She comes to work muscles aching so that channel must have some great (at home) exercises!

I bought a yoga ball a few months ago and haven't pumped it back up since the move. :( Please inspire me.

I am in so much pain right now I cant do to much inspiring:D. I love it though, it feels good to be this worn out and I know I will go to sleep soon. Normally I cant fall asleep till 3 or 4am so that is a great plus!

WOW i want to be a milf too
i am so going to work out now well not really work out just run been a runner since i started school
great job april25 keep it up cause when it comes to food i have no will power love to eat plus i just got to confy knowing that i have a so called fast metabolisum and well looks like after two kids plus age its kinda slowed down OH NO!!!!

WOW i want to be a milf too
i am so going to work out now well not really work out just run been a runner since i started school
great job april25 keep it up cause when it comes to food i have no will power love to eat plus i just got to confy knowing that i have a so called fast metabolisum and well looks like after two kids plus age its kinda slowed down OH NO!!!!

Its actually beerad that is doing the exercising... not me. :lol: I'm too lazy :fly:

I am in so much pain right now I cant do to much inspiring:D. I love it though, it feels good to be this worn out and I know I will go to sleep soon. Normally I cant fall asleep till 3 or 4am so that is a great plus!

yeah, it's a "good" sore though man.. not an injury sore, just a "hey, i did something good for my body and health today" sore, not "i think i tore my ACL" sore .. thumbs up..

i'm actually gonna be in largo tomor, maybe we can hook up.. we can get over to that gym if they let you have visitors (for less than 10 bucks) and i'll walk you thru the equipment and share this killer workout i'm on right now..

i think it's known as circuit training:

shrugs
pushups
rows
curls
dips
etc.. some chest and shoulder exercises.. really good full upper body workout.. and only takes about 30 minutes.

pushups are really, really good man.

and yeah, good sleep is usually a byproduct of physical fitness. tho crown royal seems to put me right to sleep as well.

yeah, it's a "good" sore though man.. not an injury sore, just a "hey, i did something good for my body and health today" sore, not "i think i tore my ACL" sore .. thumbs up..

i'm actually gonna be in largo tomor, maybe we can hook up.. we can get over to that gym if they let you have visitors (for less than 10 bucks) and i'll walk you thru the equipment and share this killer workout i'm on right now..

i think it's known as circuit training:

shrugs
pushups
rows
curls
dips
etc.. some chest and shoulder exercises.. really good full upper body workout.. and only takes about 30 minutes.

pushups are really, really good man.

and yeah, good sleep is usually a byproduct of physical fitness. tho crown royal seems to put me right to sleep as well.

Yep, I do push-ups every morning and every evening. Its really hard because of my weight so I cant do that many but each week I can do more. If you are going to be down this area tomorrow I will pay for the workout. Its not a nice gym by any means, just a local spot with a good amount of free weights. When I went in yesterday at around 7 there was only about 10 people there so its nice to know you can use whatever you want. It would be great if you could show me some workouts though and how to use some of the machines for max benefit.

The only thing I need to improve is my endurance. I may have a training week in South Africa coming up soon, don't want to be running around like a buckled wheel.

Does the gym have a trainer available to you? You'll see much better results much sooner if you lift in a manner specific to your goals. One thing to note: you cannot build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Well you can but if you try to both at the same time you will see little results because when you burn fat you burn muscle and when you build muscle you not only burn a lot less fat but you intake a lot more food that keeps your body from using its own fat stores.

So focus on one or the other. If you want to lose fat then focus on low weights and high reps. Keep your heartrate around 60% of max (HRmax is roughly 220 minus your age) to keep your body in fat burning mode. If you want to build muscle you'll have to do higher weights at lower reps but then it gets more complex because there are three types of muscle fibers to work with and different types of exercises achieve different results.

See if the gym has a personal trainer than can give you an hour of basic instruction on how to lift for your goals and how to lift properly. Remember that proper form is absolutely crucial; if you're going to lift with improper form you might as well not lift at all because you risk doing damage to your body. If you've never done a squat or a dip or a leg press then it'd be wise to have someone that knows what to look for be a spotter.

Good luck. :D

edit: oh and you should have a post-workout shake after lifting any significant amount. you need pure protein and some glucose and carbs immediately after a workout, within half an hour or so. if your diet matches your exercise plan you'll see better results a lot sooner

Last edited:
Does the gym have a trainer available to you? You'll see much better results much sooner if you lift in a manner specific to your goals. One thing to note: you cannot build muscle and lose fat at the same time. Well you can but if you try to both at the same time you will see little results because when you burn fat you burn muscle and when you build muscle you not only burn a lot less fat but you intake a lot more food that keeps your body from using its own fat stores.

So focus on one or the other. If you want to lose fat then focus on low weights and high reps. Keep your heartrate around 60% of max (HRmax is roughly 220 minus your age) to keep your body in fat burning mode. If you want to build muscle you'll have to do higher weights at lower reps but then it gets more complex because there are three types of muscle fibers to work with and different types of exercises achieve different results.

See if the gym has a personal trainer than can give you an hour of basic instruction on how to lift for your goals and how to lift properly. Remember that proper form is absolutely crucial; if you're going to lift with improper form you might as well not lift at all because you risk doing damage to your body. If you've never done a squat or a dip or a leg press then it'd be wise to have someone that knows what to look for be a spotter.

Good luck. :D

edit: oh and you should have a post-workout shake after lifting any significant amount. you need pure protein and some glucose and carbs immediately after a workout, within half an hour or so. if your diet matches your exercise plan you'll see better results a lot sooner

Yesterday I only consumed 2 sandwhichs, 1 at 4:30 and 1 after I worked out at like 7:30. Funny thing was the fact that I was not hungry for some reason. Normally I would eat more in the day but yesterday I just did not feel like eating. Even right now I am not hungry at all, which I dont know why. I know I need a consistent amount of intake to be healthy and nutrients because of the burning but I only eat when I am hungry.

I will check with a personal trainer but if Mingle is coming down tomorrow he knows quite a bit about it so I should be fine with what he has to offer. Yesterday I had just walked down there with not much intent to actually sign up but I did so I worked out for a good 30 minutes. I wanted to see what I had in me so I did larger weights, smaller reps but will lower the weights tonight. I have no need to get any larger and under all this fat I am still pretty strong so my main goal is weight loss. I worked out quite a bit when I was younger and was always in amazing shape but it was such a long time ago I forgot most of what I was taught. Good idea about the protein shake but I always thought that was for building muscle mass? Would it work well for trying to lose weight?

Good job BeeRad. The hardest part about starting to go to the gyn is making it through those first few weeks of soreness and being tired.

Yeah, I am in so much pain right now and did not sleep well last night. I tried to go to sleep around 10pm but my mind kept me awake till 3am. It was really pissing me off cause I was soooo tired but I could not sleep, I am not a good sleeper.

for that talk to a nutritionist :o even in fat loss regiments I've been told that a PWO is important because you're still breaking down muscle and your body needs protein with which to rebuild that muscle. without it the body starts pulling from other sources that you don't want it pulling from (insert lots of medical jargon here). again, get the advice of a professional :)

You're a fatty.

Is that enough inspiration?