Movies Thread

Really??

Thats pretty crazy, only 1200 made it out. I guess that is a lot, considering. They say that the families of the people number in the tens of thousands now. Truly an amazing story

Yeah serious. Pretty hardcore stuff when you think about it. People in the old days were really resiliant and hardy. Not like us pussies nowadays. I do like how we're all so sad about 200 British/US soldiers dying in Iraq in the past 5 years or whatever, it's quite laughable really. How many died in WW1? :lol:

I saw it while doing some other work and really liked it. I was surprised by Marrisa t.'s performance and Mickey really reminded me of Jake the Snake from Beyond the Mat. He was dead on how so many of the older wrestlers live on the independent circuit and are shadows of their former selves. They are just unable to leave the crowds behind.

I saw it while doing some other work and really liked it. I was surprised by Marrisa t.'s performance and Mickey really reminded me of Jake the Snake from Beyond the Mat. He was dead on how so many of the older wrestlers live on the independent circuit and are shadows of their former selves. They are just unable to leave the crowds behind.

Hrmmm, maybe it will be a good movie for tonight

I enjoyed the Last King of Scotland because of Wallace Fishburn's (if that's his name) performance. I can't stand that short, toadyfaced English actor though. He makes me want to punch him in the face. If you enjoyed that you'd probably enjoy Hotel Rwanda, as sad as it is.

I've never seen There's Something About Mary, but I've seen so many clips I feel like I have.

I've never seen Hotel Rwanda- I'll add it to netflix.

Fatburger lived in Uganda for 2 years when he was a boy in the early 90's- not too long after his reign, so it was very realistic for him.

I doubt anyone's seen Black Cat White Cat (Crna macka, beli macor ). It's a really sweet and funny Romany film about marriage, drugs, money and general silliness. The main love story is brill and the other characters not involved in it make the whole film really funny. I would say watch it if you don't mind subtitles, or if you could get a dubbed version even better. :)

Check it out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118843/

I watched Monsters Ball last night for the first time. It was alright but I do see why I never cared to watch it in the past. I also watched a horror flick called Splinter, freakin great man.

I'm going this weekend to see either Slumdog Millionaire or Valkyrie. Neither one interests me too terribly, but we are doing it at the new Cobb theatre, where you can order drinks, like real mixed drinks, and a nice gourmet meal, and grub out on the food while watching the flick in some nice plushy seats. I like the concept. Should be a good time.