Movies Thread

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
What new movies have you watched and why should your fellow UF'ers watch them?

Last night I watched...
benjamin-button.jpg

I didn't think I would enjoy this movie but the extra care they put into making it, really made it worth the watch. The movie is based around Benjamin(Pitt) who is born as an old man and tossed aside as a dumpster baby. This movie was more of a romance, I looked at it as The Notebook meets Forest Gump. I dont think it was the actual story that got me interested, it was more the way Benjamin developed. The way Pitt's voice changes from old man to young child is spread very evenly and makes the story float perfectly along. I think his voice changing had more of an impact than the physical features. I rate it 5 buttholes and def suggest this one

Last week was...
2968374208_5e769947a6.jpg

Talk about a classic Eastwood movie. It starts in a funeral and you immediately tell his wife was truly his better half. Because of cirumstances beyond his control he is forced to get involved with others lives, although he just wants to be left alone. He ends up becoming the unlikely hero even though he tries so hard not to be. The acting is way under par which is what makes the movie excellent. It has a "real" feeling to it and for not being a comedy, I was cracking up the whole time. His racism is outrageous but he evolves it into something good through the movie. At a certain point you start thinking "zipper head" is a cute pet name for the kid.

Anyone seen a new one lately? Post an old one if not and why you liked it. I am by no means good at writing reviews or writing in general so feel free to knock it/add your own shitty ones :p I would much rather read a personal review then some random shittywood critic

I just saw Choke last night, and thought it was awesome in a twisted Chuck Palahniuk way. Last week I saw 7 pounds, and thought it was pretty good, albeit fairly predictable.

In Burges was hilarious. I would post the imdb, but alas I'm on a phone.

OMG I LOVEEEED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!

I told a bunch of friends to watch it, 50/50 whether they liked it or not. Its one of those, you either do or you dont.

Speaking of Colin Farrel...

new-pride-and-glory-poster1.jpg

I am going to rewatch this movie tonight. I absolutely love Ed Norton and think Colin Farrel is a good actor but I just didnt really get into Pride and Glory. I wanted more from it and the story didnt seem to have a good flow to it. I watched it late night one night so I guess I could have just been to tired to really enjoy it. Basically, its a "good cop, bad cop" movie with not much of a twist behind it which for some reason I was expecting. It was a good watch but like I said, I am going to have to go back through it. I may have expected to much out of a movie staring Farrel and Norton. I wanted a new Pitt/Norton movie and it didn't live up to expectations.

I saw Bedtime Stories and it was pretty much what the previews showed it to be. It was an Ok family movie.

Four Christmases sucked. Just a blah movie.

I saw Hancock finally yesterday, and can't for the life of me figure out why it was reviewed so badly. I found it to be a better movie that it was given credit for.

Plus, Charlize Theron look just damn good in that movie.

I would have loved more backstory on the whole 'paired gods' thing.

I just saw Choke last night, and thought it was awesome in a twisted Chuck Palahniuk way. Last week I saw 7 pounds, and thought it was pretty good, albeit fairly predictable.

I also enjoyed 7 Pounds but yeah, it was predictable. The thing that saved it for me was Will Smiths acting abilities. He really makes you believe he is that odd

I haven't seen anything brand new but on PPV these were all good:

Eagle Eye
Burn After Reading
Tropic Thunder
Iron Man
Dark Knight
Hancock

fair for one watch:
Journey to the center of the Earth
Mummy 3

a bunch I'm missing because I've seen so many lately

I saw Bedtime Stories and it was pretty much what the previews showed it to be. It was an Ok family movie.

Four Christmases sucked. Just a blah movie.

I watched Bedtime Stories last night also, meh. I think you said it perfectly, family movie with some good laughs. I could have watched the trailer and been just as happy :fly: