Ontopic Mission to Uranus

Neat, but not sure I understand that hobby though. It just goes up so high that you can't see it, then two minutes later you get to try and find it. Then it's done.
Nah, my big ones never go up that high.

It's like shootin' guns, except occasionally something truly unexpected happens like an explosion.

edit: You should see some of the rockets the guys with the certifications fly. One's got a 1/3 scale V2 (so, 15 feet tall) that runs on a peroxide fuel engine and everything. There's another guy who plays with hybrid motors that use bizarre things for the fuel. The last time I went, he had milled a chub of salami to use for fuel with nitrous as the oxidizer. Smelled great when it launched, but holy crap, the burning meat chunks!

Nah, my big ones never go up that high.

It's like shootin' guns, except occasionally something truly unexpected happens like an explosion.

edit: You should see some of the rockets the guys with the certifications fly. One's got a 1/3 scale V2 (so, 15 feet tall) that runs on a peroxide fuel engine and everything. There's another guy who plays with hybrid motors that use bizarre things for the fuel. The last time I went, he had milled a chub of salami to use for fuel with nitrous as the oxidizer. Smelled great when it launched, but holy crap, the burning meat chunks!
Salami? bwahahahahahahaha

read a book called saturn run a while back. shit was crazy. they send rockets with people in em to jupiter or somewhere but there's chinamen up there when they get there for some reason. aliens too.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly