men of uf, thank me now.. a link you'll love inside

ChikkenNoodul said:
And let's not forget that if they drop a hint about flowers, and we actually notice, we still won't buy them right then because then it doesn't look like it was our idea :fly:

It's even worse when you're trying to surprise them and they ruin the surprise by getting upset for supposedly "forgetting"

Coqui said:
It's even worse when you're trying to surprise them and they ruin the surprise by getting upset for supposedly "forgetting"

That's almost exactly how it went. He said he didn't believe in Valentine's Day....I bitched. Then he begrugingly shoved a dozen roses in my face and I had ruined V-Day. Stupid Girl....I won't be doing that again. :eek:

Sarcasmo said:
I don't think you women understand that a simple bouquet of flowers can range from $50-150. While you would like to receive them on a regular basis, most guys would like to be able to afford them on a regular basis.

Can I have a nice live plant then - that we just need to water a few times a week?

I HATE things that die ... no cut flowers for me thank you - can't bear to see them wilt and die *sniff sniff*

For tonight's menu:

I will be taking Elaine (helenaber) to Mitchell's Steakhouse. One of the top rated steakhouses in Columbus, OH.

Prior to going there, she will be receiving 5 long stemmed roses and a card that are currently sitting in her seat in my car. Inside the envelope of the card, there is the card itself, and a printout of the lyrics to the song we first danced to at the wedding.

She knows about dinner, but has no idea at all about the flowers or the card. What's so special about the flowers? I've only bought her flowers once before in the 10 years I've known her.

BTW It's our 5 year wedding anniversary tonight.

Coqui said:
For tonight's menu:

I will be taking Elaine (helenaber) to Mitchell's Steakhouse. One of the top rated steakhouses in Columbus, OH.

Prior to going there, she will be receiving 5 long stemmed roses and a card that are currently sitting in her seat in my car. Inside the envelope of the card, there is the card itself, and a printout of the lyrics to the song we first danced to at the wedding.

She knows about dinner, but has no idea at all about the flowers or the card. What's so special about the flowers? I've only bought her flowers once before in the 10 years I've known her.

BTW It's our 5 year wedding anniversary tonight.

*swoon* that sounds so nice. And congratulations!!! Have fun tonight :D

Bubbles said:
*swoon* that sounds so nice. And congratulations!!! Have fun tonight :D

I was thinking I would take Kiwi to get a new vacuum at Best Buy and then maybe play a game or two StarCraft. Is that romantic?

KNYTE said:
I was thinking I would take Kiwi to get a new vacuum at Best Buy and then maybe play a game or two StarCraft. Is that romantic?

No, and just a friendly reminder that OUR anniversary is in 10 days.

Getting flowers is one of my favorite things. Even if its one of the $10 fresh cut bouquets from the market on the way home from work... Having fresh flowers in my home always lifts my spirits.

The nice big expensive ones every once and awhile is always great too. But you don't have to spend $50 each time to make me happy.

Save that money and buy me diamonds :fly:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Getting flowers is one of my favorite things. Even if its one of the $10 fresh cut bouquets from the market on the way home from work... Having fresh flowers in my home always lifts my spirits.

The nice big expensive ones every once and awhile is always great too. But you don't have to spend $50 each time to make me happy.

Save that money and buy me diamonds :fly:

Agreed, the bouquets of flowers from the store are very pretty as well. They might not last as long, but they do just fine.

Bubbles said:
No one has ever sent me flowers to work.
It was a subtle jab.

I've never sent flowers to anyone at work, I have never received flowers either as I have infact, never worked before.