Marine throws puppy

comment from the site:
"that people care so much, 100's of dogs are euthanized daily in the humane society...why all the fuss about 1?"

The man poses a good question. Would it have been OK if he had used a needle instead of tossing it off a cliff?

Also, the puppy was born in iraq, it was doomed anyways. Maybe he did it a favor?

And I still think it was a dead puppy with sounds added in later.

That being said, it was still a sick prank. But honestly, don't we have more important things to deal with, like the douchebags that were misstreating the prisoners?

i was wondering if anyone was ever going to post this here. :fly: i was kinda pissed off at first but it looks like the dog is dead through the entire vid.

61647cdd165522f6.gif

Every one of these statements is ridiculous:

"that people care so much, 100's of dogs are euthanized daily in the humane society...why all the fuss about 1?"

The man poses a good question. Would it have been OK if he had used a needle instead of tossing it off a cliff?

Also, the puppy was born in iraq, it was doomed anyways. Maybe he did it a favor?

comment from the site:

And I still think it was a dead puppy with sounds added in later.

That being said, it was still a sick prank. But honestly, don't we have more important things to deal with, like the douchebags that were misstreating the prisoners?

Umm...healthy animals are not euthanized at the Humane Society.

Umm...healthy animals are not euthanized at the Humane Society.

Bullshit.

I used to work at a vets and a few different times we euthanized entire litters of puppies becuase people didnt want to look after them.

Our receptionist used to work at an animal shelter and her full time job there was euthanizing any overflow of animals, she worked with 2 other dudes and each one had a qouta each day of how many animals they were to put to sleep. Most of them healthy.

Not to be harsh, but don't kid yourself, thousands of perfectly healthy animals are put down in the US every day. Spay and neuter your pets.

Bullshit.

I used to work at a vets and a few different times we euthanized entire litters of puppies becuase people didnt want to look after them.

Our receptionist used to work at an animal shelter and her full time job there was euthanizing any overflow of animals, she worked with 2 other dudes and each one had a qouta each day of how many animals they were to put to sleep. Most of them healthy.

Not to be harsh, but don't kid yourself, thousands of perfectly healthy animals are put down in the US every day. Spay and neuter your pets.

Again... Humane Society, not vets office.. or a shelter.

Two completely different things.

Again... Humane Society, not vets office.. or a shelter.

Two completely different things.

"Based on numerous years HSUS staff members have spent working in and running animal shelters, The HSUS believes that humane euthanasia of homeless companion animals is preferable to the poor quality of life they may endure without the companionship and care of a loving, responsible home environment. Millions of dogs and cats enter shelters every year in the United States, but according to the best estimates available, only about 50 percent (3-4 million) of these animals are adopted. Currently, it would be impossible to humanely keep all of these homeless animals in shelters."

from http://www.hsus.org/pets/animal_she...html#How_many_animals_enter_shelters_each_yea

Read through that FAQ and you'll see the reality of it all. Most shelters are part of the humane society, and while some are "no kill" shelters, most arn't. The humane society is simply an organization that dedicates their time to lobbying congress and national movements to help control the pet population etc... most shelters belong to the humane society but they arn't run directly by the humane society, they're all independent members.

... i'm not some cold hearted bastard all for putting animals down. it sucks that it happens, but there's alot more animals born than people want for pets. can't keep them in a cage their entire lives at some shelter and call it living. :(

Last edited:
I know the reality of it all very well. The Humane Society in Tampa Bay I was volunteering for made it very well known that they do not use euthanasia on animals unless there is a incurable sickness or issue. Which is understandable.

The faqs doesn't say anything about the Humane Society practicing euthanasia on healthy animals. I have seen and heard the Humane Society turn away animals because of the lack of space though.

Thats the bittersweetness of the no-kill vs. Government/privately ran kill-shelters. A person can bring an animal to any kill-shelter and they will accept the animal... with the no-kill shelters they become choosey over which animals to accept thus turning away sick animals to the kill shelters.

Thats why when I tell people who are going to adopt from a strictly no-kill shelter that it really isn't helping the problem. If you really want to help save a life adopt from a kill-shelter, they are only doing their part to humanely assist the animal population.

I can keep jabbering... but its late and this post made little sense.

Oh god, don't kill a puppy!

Oh, another few soldiers dead today... but did you see that bastard kill that puppy?!?

Oh my.

Seriously sick shit but its pretty safe to assume some killers, no matter who they are trained by, are going to be sick people.

And at least someone is actually paying attention to something dying in Iraq, finally.