Marine throws puppy

i feel obligated to post this here

U.S. Soldier Catches Puppy

:lol: :lol:

oh wow... i cant stop laughing... lololol that's to good.

also, april and everyone else inquiring about the humane society, like i said, each shelter is an independent member that sets forth their own rules. some are no kill, alot arn't. april very well could've worked at a no kill humane society shelter, but there's alot of human society shelters out their that do euthanize.

I agree, but I also think it depends on where the Humane Society is located and the abundance of stray animals in that area. Perhaps where April worked they have things under control, but there are plenty of places that don't - I know the Humane Society where I got my pup from puts perfectly fine animals down due to over crowding...

here's a story on another HS that does the same:

http://www.news-journal.com/news/content/news/stories/02262006Animal_shelter.html

I must be losing my mind then. I thought the Humane Society turned away animals when they are full... and kill-shelters took in everything.

I must be losing my mind then. I thought the Humane Society turned away animals when they are full... and kill-shelters took in everything.

I think kill shelters is just a label given to any shelter that puts down animals - which can be any shelter including humane societies

I always thought the "humane" in their name was a nod to how they put the animals down when they are overpopulated at the shelters...iirc, there are more cats & dogs born every year than the entire populace of the US...maybe even triplefold

I always thought the "humane" in their name was a nod to how they put the animals down when they are overpopulated at the shelters...iirc, there are more cats & dogs born every year than the entire populace of the US...maybe even triplefold

could be

... i'm not some cold hearted bastard all for putting animals down. it sucks that it happens, but there's alot more animals born than people want for pets. can't keep them in a cage their entire lives at some shelter and call it living. :(

And why is that? Becuase people are irresponsible pricks who can't - oh wait - won't spend $50 to ge their dogs fixed.

I don't belive in Kill shelters but there is a big difference between putting an animal to sleep and throwing off a cliff which may or may not kill it and may just leave it in pain.

So did anyone find out if that video is fake? I can't bear to watch it again to see if the puppy was dead already. I saw it once and it pissed me off so bad it would be bad for me to see again.

Oh god, don't kill a puppy!

Oh, another few soldiers dead today... but did you see that bastard kill that puppy?!?

Oh my.
Hey - Hmm and the common thing here - People killing eachother. What the fuck did a puppy or dog do to prompt that?

Believe it.

To ignore the big picture because a video surfaced of an animal being killed is utterly ridiculous.

I'm not going to put forth the "harsh environment" argument, but killing a puppy doesn't matter a great deal to me. I'm more concerned about the innocent loss of life, something that seems somewhat bypassed in a bid to get a heart wrenching story about a dog being chucked off a cliff.

There are some sick individuals who'd put the welfare of an animal before that of a human, and it's quite disturbing to encounter it almost daily.

Last time I checked we didn't reinstate the draft...

And why is that? Becuase people are irresponsible pricks who can't - oh wait - won't spend $50 to ge their dogs fixed.

Yes. Yes that's exactly it. The bane of domestic animals. You defend deers rights to be on our highways too?

I don't belive in Kill shelters but there is a big difference between putting an animal to sleep and throwing off a cliff which may or may not kill it and may just leave it in pain.

What do you mean you don't beleive in kill shelters? What's the alternative? You wanna look after a couple of million dogs and cats that nobody else does? I guess we could get rid of welfare and put all that money towards saving dogs instead of children... it's a shitty situation but it wouldn't exist if someone had a solution, which you obviously don't, otherwise kill shelters would not exist.

I suppose you're also against native american tribes that still raise dogs for food.

So did anyone find out if that video is fake? I can't bear to watch it again to see if the puppy was dead already. I saw it once and it pissed me off so bad it would be bad for me to see again.

They claim it was fake, the puppy was already dead, and the yelping sound was from pressing on the paws of one of it's liter mates. Of course, now it's a he-said what-people-think-they-saw-on-a-video type of situation... we'll never know the truth.... but we can only hope it was fake.

Hey - Hmm and the common thing here - People killing eachother. What the fuck did a puppy or dog do to prompt that?

While I agree that the puppy did nothing to deserve or prompt being thrown off a cliff (or maybe it bit the guy?), I think you're arguement here is that it's OK for people to kill each other, which I find to be an extremely fucked up mindset.

I guess it'd be OK for me to throw you off a cliff, as long as I fed and took care of your pet afterwords.

That's your arguement? If those soldiers didn't volunteer to go fight for our country, there WOULD be a draft. Alot of them joined during peace time, they never suspected some terrorist would fly planes into the WTC's killing thousands of innocent civilians and traumatizing millions more. Now they're stuck over there trying to get by.

You know how many national guard reserves go over there? People don't join the national guard to goto war, they join to help out in times of domestic disasters, like hurricanes and shit. Yea the small print says "may be sent to iraq to battle jihadi mofo's", but i garuntee none of them expected it to ever come to this when they signed the papers.

... throw out some more irrational garbage for why some random puppy in a warzone half a world away is more important than humans.

It's our job to 'fix' an animal? I don't own a dog because I don't want that trouble. As far as I'm concerned if people don't have the land for an animal, they're being "irresponsible pricks" regardless.

There is certainly. I didn't argue that.

Nothing, it's an animal.

Your deep knowledge and foresight of the current situation is the reason you're so revered

Again, a dog died. Big fucking deal. Jesus christ.

There's a lot more important things for you to concern yourselves with rather than a dog getting slung over a cliff. Your absolute ambivalence to fellow humans dying, yet utter fury and compassion at a fucking animal dying? Fuck that.

brother in law in iraq. job is to find IED's. that's HIS job.

reserves.

5 kids and a wife that i see at least monthly to provide some sanity while pops is gone.

ishtty situation.

First of all, Polo and Plot you don't know me and I don't know you and my lack of presence here has nothing to do with Useless and more to do with life in general. I've been here for a long time and those the know me may not "revere" my presence but they appreciate it.

My argument was not that its ok for humans to kill humans, it’s that humans have a choice in what they are doing. I don't think that people should be killing people anymore than people should be killing animals. I look at it this way (and I already know there are going to be baby jokes even as I type this) if you saw a man punch another man it would be less alarming then if you saw a man punch a baby. It’s a simple matter of being helpless.

And yes - There are no kill shelters. I volunteered at one for years when I lived in Atlanta. Look them up - Fur Kids is the one I worked at. While I appreciate your opinion and your reverence for human life, your assumption that I don't share it is ridiculous. If anything my reverence for life in general and for all kinds far exceeds what you have demonstrated in your posts. That being said, I can admit I'm a hypocrite in that I choose to eat animals that have been raised for food.

So maybe I'm screwed up and my logic makes no sense to you, but I'm sitting here with my babies (My Corgi and my Schnauzer) and I can tell you this, I'd do almost anything to keep them safe.