Mailing Alcohol

BeeRad said:
I didnt read this whole thing but as most of you internet junkies probably know Maxim did a huge article about getting shipped Absynthe. They ordered all bottles from czech and other places without any issues and it is illegal here. In fact they even gave full reviews on the effects of each bottle and websites to buy from, lol.
Are you just fucking blind? From the OP "Everything I read says mailing alcohol is illegal. Does anyone know the actual laws regarding this?".

He didnt ask: hey is it possible to mail alcohol? or hey what are my chances of getting caught if I mail alcohol?

Wow Maxim did it, big fucking deal. The only thing illegal about it is importation: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml#Absinthe Alcohol

It is not banned though.

Mailing alcohol will run you in with the ATF and your state liquor authority. If you get caught you can end up with a felony conviction. The max sentence for federal Tax Evasion (what happens when you dont get a permit from the ATF) is 10 years and a $10,000 fine.

http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/index.htm

FlamingGlory said:
Are you just fucking blind? From the OP "Everything I read says mailing alcohol is illegal. Does anyone know the actual laws regarding this?".

He didnt ask: hey is it possible to mail alcohol? or hey what are my chances of getting caught if I mail alcohol?
I'm pretty certain he was asking for advice on shipping alcohol illegally as he stated he missed his opportunity to send it via a delivery truck "tucked away" which means illegally.

Someone's got a case of the 9/11's.

FlamingGlory said:

Wow Maxim did it, big fucking deal. The only thing illegal about it is importation: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/prohibited_restricted.xml#Absinthe Alcohol

It is not banned though.

Mailing alcohol will run you in with the ATF and your state liquor authority. If you get caught you can end up with a felony conviction. The max sentence for federal Tax Evasion (what happens when you dont get a permit from the ATF) is 10 years and a $10,000 fine.

http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/index.htm

Tell me how you really feel next time and do us all a favor, go get some prozac

wonko80 said:
I'm pretty certain he was asking for advice on shipping alcohol illegally as he stated he missed his opportunity to send it via a delivery truck "tucked away" which means illegally.

Someone's got a case of the 9/11's.
LOL @ "case of the 911's"

Candy said:
What about sending Prozac in the mail? Do the same rules apply? No script - no deal right? What if you buy from an online pharmacy - how do you get away with that without a script. :shady:
Reputable pharmacies online require scripts.

dbzeag said:
Why? Chimney picked some up at the Duty Free from Canada.

:drool:

Tre and I have a friend who's dad who was supposed to send over a bottle for tre, but I think he OD'd. If you can't trust a Scot, who can you trust...

FlamingGlory said:

Ok, so it's illegal. But it's not "shoot someone in the head" illegal. It's more along the lines of "smoking pot" illegal.

Shoot someone in the head and you go to jail.
Smoke pot and you get high. If you get caught smoking pot you'll have to go to court and explain to the judge that it was your first time, he'll go easy on you and waive the charges, and then you'll have to be paranoid (more so than normal) every time you smoke pot.

The difference is that you can smoke pot a thousand times, but with the proper precautions you won't get caught.

You shoot someone in the head though... You better be prepared to ice any witnesses and have a good place to dispose of the bodies.

I would discourage this mentality with the smoking though, you'll run out of bud-buddies way too quick.

reverendsaintjay said:
Ok, so it's illegal. But it's not "shoot someone in the head" illegal. It's more along the lines of "smoking pot" illegal.

Shoot someone in the head and you go to jail.
Smoke pot and you get high. If you get caught smoking pot you'll have to go to court and explain to the judge that it was your first time, he'll go easy on you and waive the charges, and then you'll have to be paranoid (more so than normal) every time you smoke pot.

The difference is that you can smoke pot a thousand times, but with the proper precautions you won't get caught.

You shoot someone in the head though... You better be prepared to ice any witnesses and have a good place to dispose of the bodies.

I would discourage this mentality with the smoking though, you'll run out of bud-buddies way too quick.
Smoking pot (USE) is a jail sentence for first time in NY. We have the harshest laws in the country. :D

FlamingGlory said:
Smoking pot (USE) is a jail sentence for first time in NY. We have the harshest laws in the country. :D

you guys cant even use a cell and drive at the same time (although sometimes I see the point to this law)

BeeRad said:
you guys cant even use a cell and drive at the same time (although sometimes I see the point to this law)
It's a good law. Just unenforceable. It also doesnt apply to hands free devices.

The really stupid ones we have are a) no machine guns, b) no smoking in bars.