Baby Looks like an amazing day for poor life choices.

I am friends with one ex I dated for longer than a couple weeks. I didn't love him at all. He loved me and severed ties with me for a very very long time though which was understandable. I've had other exs sever ties completely with me and I totally get it. You cannot heal when you are in regular contact like that. Especially when every freaking time you mention him here you constantly say how much you miss him and his sexy body (which is so superficial it's not a valid reason to be with anyone).

Sever ties and be done with him. Keep a picture if you must, but get rid of this baggage. None of that is healthy. If you had a pathetic relationship that didn't last long I could see being friends, but this? No way in hell.

Except we don't believe in divorce (except in abusive situations) :p

So now I just have to worry about him killing me ;)

im sensing some rage Fabio. please chill.
anyhoo
heal? move on? regular contact? are you not reading anything I'm saying?
duh i clearly moved on when i hooked up with CEO and stayed with him for 6 months.
im allowed to miss RicoSuave. i will always miss him till the day I die. and thats totally ok. he ws the love of my life.
its also ok to miss his ridiculous sexy body because it was the best body i have ever been with ever in my life. he was a sex god.
it certainly didnt keep up together but it was a delishuz bonus.
theres nothing unhealthy about always caring for an ex.
i keep in touch with another ex and he's chill and we are chill and its all good.

we have both gone our separate ways. but we both sometimes look back to say Yo i miss you. AND THATS OK cuz its not changing or affecting anything moving forward

Was more along the lines of, "You'll do."
DuLHtqV.gif

im sensing some rage Fabio. please chill.
anyhoo
heal? move on? regular contact? are you not reading anything I'm saying?
duh i clearly moved on when i hooked up with CEO and stayed with him for 6 months.
im allowed to miss RicoSuave. i will always miss him till the day I die. and thats totally ok. he ws the love of my life.
its also ok to miss his ridiculous sexy body because it was the best body i have ever been with ever in my life. he was a sex god.
it certainly didnt keep up together but it was a delishuz bonus.
theres nothing unhealthy about always caring for an ex.
i keep in touch with another ex and he's chill and we are chill and its all good.

we have both gone our separate ways. but we both sometimes look back to say Yo i miss you. AND THATS OK cuz its not changing or affecting anything moving forward
Nope no rage - you sensed wrong :)

Just giving it straight up and honest really because I don't like your ex-BF for one HUGE core reason, and I think he's lousy for you even as a friend and I think keeping him in contact is a bad idea. Difference of points of views that's all.

I will always remember my first true love. He will always have a place in my heart, but I never miss him. Missing my ex would be a sign that something is missing in my life. There is nothing missing at all in my life in terms of romance. So having a soft spot for an ex is one thing. Outright missing them when in another relationship? That's bad to me because it is a sign of hanging on to the past when I need to move on.

But again differences of opinions here.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
I haven't made any poor life choices today, but I still have time I think.

I think you all take this past relationship thing too seriously. I'm friends with exes. They are exes for reasons, but mostly not that I dislike them. I generally didn't date people I didn't like. I think just because you don't want to be together forever doesn't mean you can't hang and have fun.

However, Maureen says he was "the one." I don't get how you can say that and not be with him. Clearly he wasn't that. Dan is my "one" because I don't want to live without him. Surely I could and maybe I'd even find someone else, but while he's still living I can't imagine that. My life makes sense with him in it.

I wound up taking a big gulp of hot tea before it cooled down. Burned the crap out of my tongue. That was a really stupid life choice there.