Ontopic Long live Vinyl/what will they stop making next?

I got rid of loads of vinyl over the years but added to some of my old dance tracks from the 90s I have a sizeable collection of Japanese issued Miles Davis and other jazz. Too much of the vinyl being produced today uses recycled vinyl granules so isn't as good as the heavyweight virgin Japanese releases.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I love listening to records. the audio quality isn't better like some people try to argue, but it has a warmth and crackle that is missing in other formats and that can't truly be replicated digitally.

I mostly listen to punk so I have been collecting records for years (plus the occasional classic rock/classic metal in decent condition)

the down side for me to vinyl being a popular format again is that due to there only being a few plants that press, smaller punk releases get pushed back when popular mainstream artists put an order through.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Floptical
In high school a friend bet me all of his AC/DC records that I couldn't eat an entire package of pretzel salt that came in a box of cook at home pretzels. It was so difficult but I did it. Afterwards I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest and I had to eat an entire box of bomb pops to get the taste of salt out of my mouth. His dad owned a pawn shop right outside an army base. Everything that came in he gave us first dibs on.

Turned the cassette reel inside out and then pushed against the rollers to slow them down at playback to hear Lennon say "I will fuck you like a superman" on loop.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
the belt on my parents' old record player was wonky and the timing would get off, and I learned how to set the speed right based on memorizing what Roll With the Changes by REO Speedwagon should sound like at the right speed
I had the same problem, but every single JP Sousa march is exactly 120BPM, so I just adjusted it to that.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
my parents each had a copy of this, but my mom's rolling paper was suspiciously missing :lol:
I spent many hours wondering how to engineer a joint that big. Like, would it burn properly? Would all the weed just fall out and render it a waste of effort?
Never had the finances to waste an ounce for the effort.