Ontopic Long live Vinyl/what will they stop making next?

I have bought quite a few, kind of blue, galactic melt, the bends, all cool, all well packed.

I pulled out a led zep II that Ive had since I was 20 , and it was old as hell then, and that mother fucker sounded like frying bacon it was so dirty and worn out :fly:

you can fix that. Coat the lp in wood glue, peel off. Not only an extremely satisfying feeling, but brings it right back to original quality.

http://120studio.com/vinylcleaning.htm

audio-woodglue2.jpg

I do love vinyl though. I grew up on my dad's record collection, pulling out random LPs and putting them on the record player. Fell in love with 60-70s rock from a young age. I was doing this when my junior high classmates were discovering shit like Bon Jovi, and mocking the shit out of me for listening to shit like Jethro Tull (aka 'some fag with a flute')

There's just something about going through the effort of hauling out this great big thing, placing the needle on, sitting back and listening to the warmth and snap/crackle/pop of a dirty/scratched record. It's like sitting by a campfire or something, hard to explain.

yep. Massively tactile.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
This is my music listening these days.

170207730image0000001.jpg

Grado SR-125's, plugged into this thing I built 10-12 years ago (holy shit, I'm old) which measures better on Audio Precision gear than red book CD is capable of.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Standout LPs I remember from my dad's record collection:

Dire Straits - Self-Titled and Brothers in Arms
Supertramp - Breakfast in America
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Ten Years After - A Space In Time
Allman Brothers Band - Filmore East
Focus - Moving Waves
The Cars - self titled
Traffic - Mr. Fantasy

This is my music listening these days.

170207730image0000001.jpg

Grado SR-125's, plugged into this thing I built 10-12 years ago (holy shit, I'm old) which measures better on Audio Precision gear than red book CD is capable of.
:drool: