lol, whoops!

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I went on my back deck to have a smoke and locked myself outside 2 1/2 stories up...had to dangle myself off the side and drop...I was wearing flipflops and the ground was heavily sloping down and away from the house and covered in wet leaves...lucky I didn't kill myself :lol:

stupid sliding glass door has this wonderful feature where it locks when closed

when's the last time you did something stupid/embarrassing like this? :D

Last edited:
I must admit, I have locked myself out of my folk's 2 story house countless times ( and I'm not ashamed to mention that I pretty much lock myself out of everything I have a key for.) I had to climb a ladder that was too short to get into one of the 2nd story windows. At least I got over my fear of heights that day.

Let's see... I've also sparred with a broken toe only to lodge it underneith my partner's bandaged knee and have fallen into and faceplanted onto any hard surface related to vehicles, houses/apartments, the "not so boingy" yellow poles in front of a rest stop... the list goes on. Hell, JJ and I were once playing in her room, this was when we were younger, mind you, and she tried to spray or get me with something and my eye connected with her canope pole. Aah, those were the days. :)

I've locked myself out of my condo so many times that I've become quite expert at climbing my downstairs neighbor's fence, swinging onto a metal trellis, and letting myself into my 2nd story kitchen window.

I tripped over the carpet yesterday, and ran into the bookcase. Recovered magnificantly but as I turned to walk away I tripped over the dog and broke my toenail. :(

Why in the fuck would a sliding glass door autolock?

Old ones do when the lock gets loose from old age. It happened to me before while I was painting a computer case. Luckily my roommate at the time came home in a few hours and it was early summer so it wasn't cold or raining.

Old ones do when the lock gets loose from old age. It happened to me before while I was painting a computer case. Luckily my roommate at the time came home in a few hours and it was early summer so it wasn't cold or raining.

this lock actually doesn't make you fully disable to exit...it's spring loaded to keep it in lock if you temporarily bypass...hence my mistake

it has a full disable mode as well

i've locked my keys in the car while it was running several times. i did it yesterday in fact. in my very poor defense though we leave our cars running all the time in the winter because sometimes it's just not worth it to turn it off at thirty below.

...granted i didn't realize i didn't have my spare key till an hour later but still. somebody get me an autostart for christmas.

i've locked my keys in the car while it was running several times. i did it yesterday in fact. in my very poor defense though we leave our cars running all the time in the winter because sometimes it's just not worth it to turn it off at thirty below.

...granted i didn't realize i didn't have my spare key till an hour later but still. somebody get me an autostart for christmas.

Just break out the windows in your car and get in and out of it Dukes of Hazzard style. Or better yet give up the cold weather and the need to autostart.

Just break out the windows in your car and get in and out of it Dukes of Hazzard style. Or better yet give up the cold weather and the need to autostart.

but that, my friend, would be the smart thing to do. and then i wouldn't have anything to bitch about and i couldn't live if i couldn't bitch. :p

well, the giving up the cold weather bit. breaking the windows of my car would really piss off the demons that live in the engine. i'd have to sacrifice an extra chicken every morning.

Last edited:
but that, my friend, would be the smart thing to do. and then i wouldn't have anything to bitch about and i couldn't live if i couldn't bitch. :p

well, the giving up the cold weather bit. breaking the windows of my car would really piss off the demons that live in the engine. i'd have to sacrifice an extra chicken every morning.

I have faith that you would find something else to bitch about.