Laptop Hep

we just got a boatload here at work. They seem to be pretty sweet.

stay away from D600 and 8600 models. We replace drives like crazy on them thar suckers.

I would look into an IBM if i were to get one. I dont trust dells at all.

d600 is about 2+ years old now...current model is the d620 for the d6xx line

also as theac pointed out...it's lenovo now, not IBM...they are decent but cost too much money for no better hardware imo

Last edited:

also as theac pointed out...it's lenovo now, not IBM...they are decent but cost too much money for no better hardware imo

maybe government people are just a tad bit rough on their laptops, but once stuff around here hits the 2 year mark, we RMA like crazy.

i agree with the lenovo stuff. they offer the same hardware as the dells, but they come even less equipped than the standard dell shells, and they're like 300 bucks more. what would i be forking over the extra cash for, aside from the "thinkpad" monniker?

Absolutely. You can get a DVD burner at Fry's for way cheaper than Dell. Of course the same goes for RAM, but not many lay people appreciate doing surgery on a new computer.

laptop couldn't be easier to add ram to...there is a little door on the bottom that you generally have 1 screw to get through and it pops right in

laptop couldn't be easier to add ram to...there is a little door on the bottom that you generally have 1 screw to get through and it pops right in

Yeah they really couldn't get any easier now. Any retard could do it. But the average consumer probably doesn't want to give much thought to the process.

Hmm.... I may have to get Knyte to do this for me so my laptop lasts another year. It's 3 years old and I think it only has 512 ram and I'm feeling it.

not the same thing...lenovo is chinese, ibm is american

And Dell gets all their parts from Taiwan but it's still an American company.

Fine just to shut everyone up about one slight indiscretion in details.

Lenovo makes the best laptops
Dell a close second.

There you happy?

http://slickdeals.net/?permadeal=8763#direct_deal_8763

Dell Small Business has well equipped Inspiron 6400 (identical model to E1505 in Dell Home) for $699. Thanks Pras_Srini

1. Click here
2. Choose the following components:
* 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife [add $0]
* Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Basic from XP Home, $55 payable at redemption [add $0]
3. Checkout

Specs:

Intel Core Duo T2050 (1.60GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows XP Home
Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Basic from XP Home, $55 payable at redemption
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
120GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300 HyperMemory
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Internal Wireless
Integrated Audio
53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
1 Year Mail-in Economy Plan

Good upgrades to consider:

* Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB) [add $200]
* 15.4 inch UltraSharp Wide Screen WXGA+ (1440x900) Display with TrueLife [add $50] or
15.4 inch UltraSharp Wide Screen SXGA+ (1680x1050) Display with TrueLife [add $100]
* 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery [add $49]
* 256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON® X1400 HyperMemory [add $50]

And Dell gets all their parts from Taiwan but it's still an American company.

Fine just to shut everyone up about one slight indiscretion in details.

Lenovo makes the best laptops
Dell a close second.

There you happy?

rawr, need a manpon? :fly:

<3

I don't think any of the big US comp companies actually makes a laptop...they just buy them from asia and slap their name on it