Kick butt birthday present for 2 year old nephew?

Krazed said:
colorwonderful? That crayola stuff? That looked terribly intriguing.

I went online at Walmart.com and the one I found there is called an "Aquadoodle Drawing Mat." Pretty much the child paints with water, but the paint only shows up on the mat . . .

zengirl said:
He watches this Christian kids show, with this huge scary purple blob called The Fib which grows and gets more scary looking with each lie a kid tells.

Christianity is freakin scary I tell ya.

Does he watch Veggie Tales yet?

Fib is from Veggie Tales.

Bob: If you like to talk to tomatoes
If a squash can make you smile
If you like to waltz with potatoes
Up and down the produce aisle...
Have we got a show for you!

All: VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales,
VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales!

Bob: Broccoli! Celery! Gotta be
All: VeggieTales!

Junior: Lima beans! Collard greens! Peachy keen!

Larry: Cauliflower! Sweet and sour! Half and hour!

All: There's never-ever-ever-ever-ever been a show like VeggieTales!
There's never-ever-ever-ever-ever been a show like VeggieTales!
It's time for VeggieTales!

Maybe something along the lines of

Little people fun park

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...3/002-9466707-3072821?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

or a Cozy Coupe II Car

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...5/002-9466707-3072821?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

You can get both cheaper if you look around local stores.

My son loved his car like that. You could always pimp it out before giving it to him. Paint it, Make some fake spinners, Add fuzzy dice etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Never get your sisters kid a noise making toy becuase one day she'll get you back.

Thorn Bird said:
spangelet has my mom's old wooden blocks and sticks, and that has continuously been one of her favorite toys. they've been everything from drumsticks to microphones to magic wands to ice cream to spoons to buildings to rockets...i'm sure she's got lead poisoning by now but she's not foaming at the mouth yet, so we'll continue to play with them. :fly:
my aunt gave her her old fisher price little people garage, farm, barn, and house. that's something else that spangelet loves and plays with consistently. you can't beat old toys. :heart:

Wow, I really miss my fisher price toys. I had all those and the town too. They don't make stuff like they used to. Don't worry about lead poisoning, it doesn't effect me much. I only foam at the mouth a little and the doc says I'm only slightly retarded.

what about some kits? this forces parent participation, and it gives the child a great sense of accomplishment. they have art kits, baking kits, toy kits, craft kits, jewelry kits...anything you can think of.

zengirl said:
He watches this Christian kids show, with this huge scary purple blob called The Fib which grows and gets more scary looking with each lie a kid tells.

Christianity is freakin scary I tell ya.
lololol veggietales is pretty sweet, as far as christian children's programming shows. (speaking as a PK ;) ) that would get your brother's approval, most likely

Here is one example of a pimped out car like I posted.

Pr032506pimped.jpg

woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But then, the basic red and yellow has its own old school appeal

b_sinning said:
Fib is from Veggie Tales.

Bob: If you like to talk to tomatoes
If a squash can make you smile
If you like to waltz with potatoes
Up and down the produce aisle...
Have we got a show for you!

All: VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales,
VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales!

Bob: Broccoli! Celery! Gotta be

Junior: Lima beans! Collard greens! Peachy keen!

Larry: Cauliflower! Sweet and sour! Half and hour!

All: There's never-ever-ever-ever-ever been a show like VeggieTales!
There's never-ever-ever-ever-ever been a show like VeggieTales!
It's time for VeggieTales!

Maybe something along the lines of

Little people fun park

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...3/002-9466707-3072821?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

or a Cozy Coupe II Car

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...5/002-9466707-3072821?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

You can get both cheaper if you look around local stores.

My son loved his car like that. You could always pimp it out before giving it to him. Paint it, Make some fake spinners, Add fuzzy dice etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Never get your sisters kid a noise making toy becuase one day she'll get you back.
I was subjected to part of that show last time I was over at their house visiting. The damn thing gave me nightmares, and this is appropriate chilhood viewing?

When my son was two he was obsessed with Thomas the Train stuff. In fact now he's three and that hasn't really changed. He also loved dinosaur stuff, I got him a bubble machine (battery powered, you take it outside and it shoots bubbles everywhere...got it at Wal Mart), cars and trucks, his Slip n' Slide, his Kiddie Pool, and stuffed animals.

"Educational" things are a waste of money at that age since everything they get their hands on is educational. I'd wait until 3 for those packaged, marketed "education" items.

get him the most obnoxiously noisy toy you can find...you will always be in your brother's thoughts that way :D
might I suggest some type of kiddie karaoke machine? :fly:

My son was huge into Thomas the Train stuff when he was 2. Most overpriced crap.

He's huge into Power Rangers now. He says he's the Red Ranger and I'm the Green Ranger.

Thomas stuff is absurdly expensive. We don't buy the tracks, just the small magnetized trains you can get at Target. He just likes to sleep with them when it's nap time.

This is his favorite toy: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/geotrax/default_flash.asp

I have every piece for this at the moment, and the entire setup takes up half my living room. Countless hours of entertainment. To say my son loves this train set would be euphemistic, to say the least.