Kick butt birthday present for 2 year old nephew?

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
This is a plea to those of you with kids, boys in particular, 2 year old boys specifically. My nephew turns 2 next week and I need to send him a birthday present.

I'm going in with 3 of my brothers, and my mom wants to get something to go along with what I get so we have a pretty good budget to work with here.

I have no idea what to do.

I do know i'm getting him an uncut sheet of $2 bills from the US mint, but I need like an educational toy or something.

What did you wish you had for your 2 year old that you didn't?

Serios answers only, my nephew is crying here.

:heart:

thx

zengirl said:
This is a plea to those of you with kids, boys in particular, 2 year old boys specifically. My nephew turns 2 next week and I need to send him a birthday present.

I'm going in with 3 of my brothers, and my mom wants to get something to go along with what I get so we have a pretty good budget to work with here.

I have no idea what to do.

I do know i'm getting him an uncut sheet of $2 bills from the US mint, but I need like an educational toy or something.

What did you wish you had for your 2 year old that you didn't?

Serios answers only, my nephew is crying here.

:heart:

thx
are there certain shows/etc. he likes? Sesame street, Dora the Explorer or any such nonsense?
Could you get him one of those handheld game things they pass off as educational?

why_ask_why said:
hookers & blow
yo son he's gotta learn how to produce his own hookers & blow. Can nobody give him da treasure of the streets kid dat needs 2 be earned

spangelet got some drums for her two-year birthday and loves them. she got a keyboard for christmas and loves that. she has a two-sided easel that she loves. the "i spy" system is great. there are books, computer games, puzzles...most kids love to find hidden objects in a big picture, and "i spy" is what that's about.
what about a collection of board games? memory, hi ho cherry-o, candy land, etc...they've got a ton of games out there. put together a basket o' games.
something else spangelet would LOVE to get that's easy to mail is a chuck e. cheese gift card. course, he'd probably want to use it RIGHT AWAY.
the leap frog program is pretty good. we have a couple of things that spangelet likes. the problem is, if you buy one system, you maintain with buying more cartridges, discs, etc...and that gets expensive. we don't get into all that. i'm a teacher for free. :D

why_ask_why said:
hookers & blow
My older brother is a Southern Baptist Youth Minister, I dunno if he'd approve of that sort of thing for his son sent to his house. I'll wait till my nephew is older and then we'll talk, k? ;)

Dharma1521 said:
Have you heard of those coloring mats that only let you write on the mat? That might be a great present for your nephew AND his parents.
colorwonderful? That crayola stuff? That looked terribly intriguing.

Krazed said:
are there certain shows/etc. he likes? Sesame street, Dora the Explorer or any such nonsense?
Could you get him one of those handheld game things they pass off as educational?
He watches this Christian kids show, with this huge scary purple blob called The Fib which grows and gets more scary looking with each lie a kid tells.

Christianity is freakin scary I tell ya.

eileenbunny said:
What ever happened to wood building blocks?

My suggestion is go to a book store like Barnes and Nobles and look around in the children's section. There's tons of fun and interactive learning stuff there.

spangelet has my mom's old wooden blocks and sticks, and that has continuously been one of her favorite toys. they've been everything from drumsticks to microphones to magic wands to ice cream to spoons to buildings to rockets...i'm sure she's got lead poisoning by now but she's not foaming at the mouth yet, so we'll continue to play with them. :fly:
my aunt gave her her old fisher price little people garage, farm, barn, and house. that's something else that spangelet loves and plays with consistently. you can't beat old toys. :heart:

zengirl said:
He watches this Christian kids show, with this huge scary purple blob called The Fib which grows and gets more scary looking with each lie a kid tells.

Christianity is freakin scary I tell ya.
sounds like a good show to watch in an altered state.

BeeRad said:
Why dont you start him up a savings fund or something he can use to buy

when he gets older

or you know a college edma u cation

my biggest gift request when people ask what to get spangelet is savings bonds. i love those things like whyaskwhy loves hookers and blow.

Thorn Bird said:
spangelet has my mom's old wooden blocks and sticks, and that has continuously been one of her favorite toys. they've been everything from drumsticks to microphones to magic wands to ice cream to spoons to buildings to rockets...i'm sure she's got lead poisoning by now but she's not foaming at the mouth yet, so we'll continue to play with them. :fly:
my aunt gave her her old fisher price little people garage, farm, barn, and house. that's something else that spangelet loves and plays with consistently. you can't beat old toys. :heart:
My neice and nephew are totally spoiled and I think my brother and his wife will need to buy a bigger house to hold all of their toys. I make it a point to never buy toys for his kids. When Anna turned 3 in January I got her this game console thing (I think it was Leap Frog) and a bunch of educational games.

Apparently her and Nick fight over it :lol: