Job Performance Review Thread

ChikkenNoodul said:
At least you got something :D

I got 1% raises for 2 years in a row until last year, when it was finally 3%

Bonuses are a different story :shifty:

We dont ever get bonuses
Around the holidays they pass out 25$ gift certificates to krogers.THATS our bonus:rolleyes:

those of us up for merit increases this month aren't getting them, since we'll be gone from here in may and BoA's merit increases happen in july. fuckers.

Drool-Boy said:
We dont ever get bonuses
Around the holidays they pass out 25$ gift certificates to krogers.THATS our bonus:rolleyes:
The company I work for uses a cashed based accounting system. It's atypical for businesses as profit/loss isn't measured by debt incurred only expenses paid. At the end of the year they need to dump large sums of money to avoid paying income taxes on it and payroll is 100% expensed so we get bonuses. Two of the partners got around $40k EACH...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oooh, so's you can get a turkey or a ham

There's a trucking company that advertises on the radio here that lists those as company benefits, a turkey for thanksgiving, and a ham for Christmas

I usually use it to buy beer:shady:

zengirl said:
The company I work for uses a cashed based accounting system. It's atypical for businesses as profit/loss isn't measured by debt incurred only expenses paid. At the end of the year they need to dump large sums of money to avoid paying income taxes on it and payroll is 100% expensed so we get bonuses. Two of the partners got around $40k EACH...
That's a lot for a small business, but you'd cry if I told you what the partners in a small law firm got for certain things.

I got a small raise when we switched from salary to hourly. Other then that, nothing.

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's a lot for a small business, but you'd cry if I told you what the partners in a small law firm got for certain things.
We're a specialty medical practice with 8 physicians. Our annual payroll (sans bonuses) is around $2.5 Million... half of which goes to the 4 partners... the other half is split between the 4 associate docs and the 30+ employees. :lol:

edit: that doesn't include all of the expenses the docs are reimbursed for. It's sick really

zengirl said:
We're a specialty medical practice with 8 physicians. Our annual payroll (sans bonuses) is around $2.5 Million... half of which goes to the 4 partners... the other half is split between the 4 associate docs and the 30+ employees. :lol:

edit: that doesn't include all of the expenses the docs are reimbursed for. It's sick really
Expenses are the kicker :D

Would it help if I told you the CEO of my company got a $9 million dollar bonus a couple years back? :egads:

Drool-Boy said:
Sweepin floors in the dildo factory doesnt pay much anymore, eh?
Maybe you should try and move up to product testing?

weak

ChikkenNoodul said:
Expenses are the kicker :D

Would it help if I told you the CEO of my company got a $9 million dollar bonus a couple years back? :egads:
Well jeez man! Yeah the expenses are where it's at... aside from salary and bonuses, the docs here get a $1k montly car lease allowment, unlimited gas and auto expense (can be up to $1k additional) their home, cell, car phones paid for, meals (one doc expenses up to $2k a month in meals) entertainment (one doc gets season symphony tix, another season tix to the White Sox) one trip a year to anywhere in the world paid for for up to a week (as long as they can expense it to CME.. Continuing Medical Education, they have seminars all over the world for this) One doc even has the office buy him stamps. Another doc spends $750 a month on cell phone bills because he expenses his wife's and his daughter's phones. They all each make an additional $5-30k a month for various pharmaceutical company programs.

The salaries may not seem like much, but all they pay for at home is their mortgages.

zengirl said:
I've got a friend who's a trader, he got a $70,000 bonus at the end of January, and he tells me that was less than last year.

i get a review at least once a year around july, sometimes two reviews for the year. the past year i got 6% at one review and 3% at another. i can usually count on at least 5-6% a year and it's been as high as 30%.

I just quit my job :woowoo:

the oh-so lucrative world of children's education no longer owns my soul.