Jesus Rifles & the Christian Crusaders

No. That wasn't the point. Where are you getting this from.

The point, really, was stupid marketing. Everyone one of those versus refers to 'light'. The scope is popular because it uses tritium to generate light inside it to give a better view.

Thats it. Thats all. Nothing to do with projecting beliefs in the slightest.

This is what the press does. It projects stuff to make people get incensed over shit that is really inconsequential.

From the idea that any nutjob who has the balls to inscribe this shit on US weaponry is a fucking religious nut in the first place, looking for a dollar and the means to exploit....ahem....spread God's word.

I just don't think religion should be a center point in a war, whatsoever.

which is contrary to what said idiot said, but I guess you know better

If you want to include animosity in this discussion, you're jumping the gun in assuming that I am. No need for it.

I never said that I knew better. I'm here stating my opinion and belief, just like most.

For you and anyone else posting to state "facts" for the sake of argument is frivolous. You and I do not know the facts. Just because some corporate fool releases a statement about providing soldiers with enlightenment, does not make me believe otherwise.

From the idea that any nutjob who has the balls to inscribe this shit on US weaponry is a fucking religious nut in the first place, looking for a dollar and the means to exploit....ahem....spread God's word.

wow. anti-religious zealotry at it's finest.

Explain how putting a chapter/verse reference in a serial number equates to exploiting God's word for monetary purposes.

"Hey GI JOE. Buy our scopes because it's got God shit on it'. I highly doubt that at any point was the fact that a chapter/verse reference in a serial number ever mentioned, at all, in the sales pitch.

The term 'Religious nut' is way to overused now days. If anyone even mentions they believe, they are now a 'religious nut'.

Ain't the case.

having faith does not equate one to being a religious nut

The point that you're forgetting is that the company has been doing this for decades. They've been supplying these scopes for four. Until recently this wasn't "US weaponry", it was merely a product his company produced.

Munson, Trijicon's sales director, said the practice of putting Bible references on the sites began nearly 30 years ago by Trijicon's founder, Glyn Bindon, who was killed in a plane crash in 2003. His son Stephen, Trijicon's president, has continued the practice.

wow. anti-religious zealotry at it's finest.

Explain how putting a chapter/verse reference in a serial number equates to exploiting God's word for monetary purposes.

"Hey GI JOE. Buy our scopes because it's got God shit on it'. I highly doubt that at any point was the fact that a chapter/verse reference in a serial number ever mentioned, at all, in the sales pitch.

The term 'Religious nut' is way to overused now days. If anyone even mentions they believe, they are now a 'religious nut'.

Ain't the case.

I'm the last person to argue anti-religion with. I'm not in any way. But, I don't think it should be exploited.

If you want to include animosity in this discussion, you're jumping the gun in assuming that I am. No need for it.

I never said that I knew better. I'm here stating my opinion and belief, just like most.
No, you're claiming you know the intent of the man in charge of this company.
For you and anyone else posting to state "facts" for the sake of argument is frivolous. You and I do not know the facts. Just because some corporate fool releases a statement about providing soldiers with enlightenment, does not make me believe otherwise.

So what's that about jumping the gun and making assumptions? Why argue with the details as presented when it's easier to put words in someone else's mouth?

yes, because some dipshit decided to make this big news. when if it had been kept quiet it still would have been removed without anyone finding out

good job breaking it, hero

Maybe that "dipshit" is only bringing to our attention because of the possible implications soldiers may face once the enemy finds out. Maybe this "dipshit" knows that the enemy has already found out, and the only way to make them take it off is via public pressure.

Regardless of that, the government shouldn't be procuring items bearing any form of religion.

I'm the last person to argue anti-religion with. I'm not in any way. But, I don't think it should be exploited.

But how is it being exploited? This is where I think we really disagree.

Exploitation is blatant and out there. This was pretty on the sly, and was more of a personal touch of the manufacturer.

I just don't see the exploitation of it. I agree, if it was a blatant attempt to say 'GOD WARRIOR SCOPE' then yeah, thats bullshit. And I'd be happy to say so. I just don't see that as being the case here.

There are Serial numbers on everything now days. How often do you look at them?

Maybe that "dipshit" is only bringing to our attention because of the possible implications soldiers may face once the enemy finds out. Maybe this "dipshit" knows that the enemy has already found out, and the only way to make them take it off is via public pressure.

Regardless of that, the government shouldn't be procuring items bearing any form of religion.

what?

implications once the enemy finds out....they're going to find out because of these articles!

and if the enemy has already found out then it makes no difference. it doesn't require public pressure to take them off, merely the pentagon saying "hey. stop." and it stops

not that it changes the fact that these devices are already out there so even stopping the production of new ones with these inscriptions won't make a lick of difference since it'll take years to rotate them into the fleet as needed. no Marine unit is going to waste time on a deployment replacing their RCOs because of this. it means having to re-zero the rifle which for a rifle battalion takes quite a bit of valuable time.

All this did was make a big deal out of something that could have been handled quietly because some militant atheist got a hardon for bashing bible thumpers.

They are putting religion on their products. That can be seen understandably as a marketing ploy. Maybe they didn't put it on there for that reason. Whatever the true is, none of us will ever know.

No, you're claiming you know the intent of the man in charge of this company.

So what's that about jumping the gun and making assumptions? Why argue with the details as presented when it's easier to put words in someone else's mouth?

I stated my opinion. Your opinion is believing his statement.

I don't. So be it.

what?

implications once the enemy finds out....they're going to find out because of these articles!

and if the enemy has already found out then it makes no difference. it doesn't require public pressure to take them off, merely the pentagon saying "hey. stop." and it stops

not that it changes the fact that these devices are already out there so even stopping the production of new ones with these inscriptions won't make a lick of difference since it'll take years to rotate them into the fleet as needed. no Marine unit is going to waste time on a deployment replacing their RCOs because of this. it means having to re-zero the rifle which for a rifle battalion takes quite a bit of valuable time.

All this did was make a big deal out of something that could have been handled quietly because some militant atheist got a hardon for bashing bible thumpers.

You don't know exactly what it took to get them removed. Maybe the pentagon knew about it and did nothing because the public didn't know? Who knows? Not you. Not I.

You don't know exactly what it took to get them removed. Maybe the pentagon knew about it and did nothing because the public didn't know? Who knows? Not you. Not I.

right right, let's assume the pentagon is also lying about this. the pentagon certainly has reason to keep this going when it knows it could potentially pose a danger to troops on the ground

let's completely ignore the statements made by Marine Corps leadership that points out we don't use the company's serial numbers for anything at all, meaning they're completely ignored.

right right, let's assume the pentagon is also lying about this. the pentagon certainly has reason to keep this going when it knows it could potentially pose a danger to troops on the ground

let's completely ignore the statements made by Marine Corps leadership that points out we don't use the company's serial numbers for anything at all, meaning they're completely ignored.

How about the pentagon putting troops at risk not supplying them with enough vests? Point stands, you nor I know the real deal.

And whether the USMC using the serials or not is moot.

A. They're not verses etched on the sides. It's just a reference to the verses; without the colon it's a series of numbers and letters. Not that I condone it but it's not like they slapped a psalm on the side of those things.

2. Bullshit that the Pentagon doesn't care. Soon as they found out they cut the contract.

A big to-do about nothing.

You better stop eating at In-Out Burger too. :rolleyes:

This is what I don't understand with some of you.

We don't agree, so you post shit like this to try and dig at people because....they are stupid for not agreeing with you?

Wrong way to debate, sir.

Not saying you yourself have done this, but you may want to clue a certain bald foreigner in on this as a lame tactic as well then :fly: