Jesus Rifles & the Christian Crusaders

Applesauce

The Gypsy-The Acid Queen
Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥3,143
This is kind of hilarious.

The company that makes rifle scopes for the US military has been etching bible verses on all of it's scopes.

It seems some in the Pentagon know about this and don't seem to care and/or think it's a good thing. I'd hate to be a soldier in Iraq or Afganistan and get captured with a gun with bible verses etched into it.

Maybe this really is yet another war between religions. Yeah, it's true thousands will die, but don't worry, it's all part of God's glorious plan to have men kill each other over who can worship him the best.

Thoughts??

Last edited by a moderator:
A. They're not verses etched on the sides. It's just a reference to the verses; without the colon it's a series of numbers and letters. Not that I condone it but it's not like they slapped a psalm on the side of those things.

2. Bullshit that the Pentagon doesn't care. Soon as they found out they cut the contract.

They didn't cut the contract, but they are removing the verse numbering, an the company that makes the scopes is sending out kits to make it easier.

What I didn't know was these gunsights are actually made with Tritium. wtf. A radioactive sniper scope?

A. They're not verses etched on the sides. It's just a reference to the verses; without the colon it's a series of numbers and letters. Not that I condone it but it's not like they slapped a psalm on the side of those things.

2. Bullshit that the Pentagon doesn't care. Soon as they found out they cut the contract.
No they didn't.

The thing is with these versus too, it's not like blatant proselytizing. I think it's more a marketing gimmick, oddly. The scope uses tritium to generate light for better vision. Each one of the verse references point to a verse that talks about 'light'.

Who really fucking cares. And who really looks at the S/Ns on their scopes anyway. If I saw JN3:16 it wouldn't click anything to me.

They didn't cut the contract, but they are removing the verse numbering, an the company that makes the scopes is sending out kits to make it easier.

What I didn't know was these gunsights are actually made with Tritium. wtf. A radioactive sniper scope?

No they didn't.

sorry, they're removing them because the pentagon threatened to cut the contract :rolleyes:

the idea that they don't care comes from them saying they're not going to recall scopes currently in use. because that would be fucking retarded

Who really fucking cares. And who really looks at the S/Ns on their scopes anyway. If I saw JN3:16 it wouldn't click anything to me.

It wouldn't bother me, either. BUT, it's more the fact they they're made with religious intentions. That's wrong, in my opinion.