ITT You suggest....

April23 said:
Meh, there are only 2 good songs on an album.
Maybe because every band you listed couldnt put out a whole album of worthwile songs on their life. My Chemical Romance? The Used? MSI? Seriously, you have the musical tastes of a 12 y/o mallcore kiddie.

FlamingGlory said:
Maybe because every band you listed couldnt put out a whole album of worthwile songs on their life. My Chemical Romance? The Used? MSI? Seriously, you have the musical tastes of a 12 y/o mallcore kiddie.
Damnit, I can't believe we agree on something

Thorn Bird said:
brandi carlile. :drool:
Seconded.

Also possibly,

Superchunk - 1000 Pounds or Driveway to Driveway (Good solid Indie Rock)
Shakira - Dónde Están los Ladrones? (You cant hate Shakira)
Slayer - God Hates Us All (GOD HATES US ALL)
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (The crack cocain of Indie Rock)
Radiohead - The Bends (Must have)
Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing (Unpossible to explain, sounds like T.Rex but more 90s and way better recording)
Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet (Party rock)
Children Of Bodom - Trashed, Lost and Strung Out (Metal, with alot of humour.)
Metallica - Anything but St. Anger (Classic Metal)
Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth (side project of Modest Mouse's vocalist)
Jeff Buckley - Grace (If you havent heard it... You are just missing out. Van Morrison-ish, but with looser song structures and a voice like an angel)
Massive Attack - Mezzanine (Trip-hop, like hip-hop but trippy and everyone's white and from Bristol)
Muse - Absolution (Like Radiohead but a bit more poppy)
The Killers - Hot Fuss (You'd like it, probably)

Seriously name three bands you already like and I can make you a list from memory. Working in a music store... :rolleyes:

FlamingGlory said:

But dude, they rock.

You aren't one of those people that are still stuck in the 70's are you?

April23 said:
But dude, they rock.

You aren't one of those people that are still stuck in the 70's are you?
I wouldn't piss on Boston if they were on fire... Read my above list. It isnt my personal favorites, but it is good and I think whoever made this thread would like it.

I can pick good music from any genre except jazz and rap. If you ask about R&B I'll just say Prince and that's it. Hell I'll send you a CoB cover of Andrew W.K. and say you'll probably like it. Actually, I could probably say you also like Dope, Korn, Godsmack (maybe, they do actually attempt something more on occaision), Disturbed, you'd probably also like Funeral For A Friend, Finch, maybe Hawthorne Heights, definitely Story of the Year OR Thursday.

Last edited:
FlamingGlory said:
I wouldn't piss on Boston if they were on fire... Read my above list. It isnt my personal favorites, but it is good and I think whoever made this thread would like it.

I can pick good music from any genre except jazz and rap. If you ask about R&B I'll just say Prince and that's it. Hell I'll send you a CoB cover of Andrew W.K. and say you'll probably like it. Actually, I could probably say you also like Dope, Korn, Godsmack (maybe, they do actually attempt something more on occaision), Disturbed, you'd probably also like Funeral For A Friend, Finch, maybe Hawthorne Heights, definitely Story of the Year OR Thursday.

Finch. :drool:

Edit: Who is Boston?

Flaming Glory has a good list but it's hard to take it seriously after the you can't hate Shakira. That's like saying you can have only just one lays potatoe chip.

I haven't been into whole albums in a long time, unless a dj set counts as an album. Mp3s kind of killed that.

b_sinning said:
Flaming Glory has a good list but it's hard to take it seriously after the you can't hate Shakira. That's like saying you can have only just one lays potatoe chip.

I haven't been into whole albums in a long time, unless a dj set counts as an album. Mp3s kind of killed that.

True-Story--C11737334.jpeg

b_sinning said:

Potato*

I like all her older stuff. Probably because I cant understand it, just sounds nice.

1) MP3s honestly sound like crap to me. The only OK ones are 256k VBR+... They still sound shit when I play them at work though.

2) Some people having more attention than a mosquito on crack like hearing the full album. It's also usually essential when you listen to anything except pop. Think Gov't Mule, The Cure, um any just about any death metal album ever etc. most of their songs make little sense in a best of format.

Flaming Glory is Jack Black's character from High Fidelity. Maxium PC had a good article on testing different bitrates for various type of people and how they couldn't tell the difference. Most of their articles are poo anymore but for some reason I got this issue.

FlamingGlory said:
Seconded.

Also possibly,

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (The crack cocain of Indie Rock)
Radiohead - The Bends (Must have)
Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing (Unpossible to explain, sounds like T.Rex but more 90s and way better recording)
Jeff Buckley - Grace (If you havent heard it... You are just missing out. Van Morrison-ish, but with looser song structures and a voice like an angel)
Massive Attack - Mezzanine (Trip-hop, like hip-hop but trippy and everyone's white and from Bristol)
The Killers - Hot Fuss (You'd like it, probably)

Seriously name three bands you already like and I can make you a list from memory. Working in a music store... :rolleyes:

Slayer -God Hates Us All?:( -- That has got to be one of their worst albums. If you have to recommend a newer album at least make it Diaboulus In Musica. God Hates Us All is not only their worse album it was the most terrible show I have ever been to. I don't listen to Slayer any more after that, it killed it.
Children of Bodom - I'd go with Hatebreeder or Follow The Reaper.
I'm a metal/punk/hardcore kid and even I like Muse, so I'd recommend them also. And Andrew W.K you just can't go wrong witht that guy.

b_sinning said:
Flaming Glory is Jack Black's character from High Fidelity. Maxium PC had a good article on testing different bitrates for various type of people and how they couldn't tell the difference. Most of their articles are poo anymore but for some reason I got this issue.
Eh, I'll admit that at my computer I can't really tell the difference, just not a good enough set up. At work though we have a very nice PA system, you run mp3s through enough amps and loud enough they start to clip horribly and sound very metallic. The joint stereo also sounds extremely fucked up on 40 or so speakers.

FlamingGlory said:
Seconded.

Also possibly,

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (The crack cocain of Indie Rock)Another gooder
Radiohead - The Bends (Must have)Got most of their stuff... another one of my favs....
Jeff Buckley - Grace (If you havent heard it... You are just missing out. Van Morrison-ish, but with looser song structures and a voice like an angel)Got it, and it's one of my all time favorite albums.
The Killers - Hot Fuss (You'd like it, probably) got it
The rest I shall certainly take a look into :)

Pandora said:
I would also recomend checking out Brandi Carlisle.

Also, Ray LaMontagne, Sam Roberts, also Ryan Adams.
Got em all :D
Cmon, I'm Canadian and you don't think I've heard of Sam Roberts? I think I've had his album for about 3 years now... before anyone in American had ever heard of him

And your hubby recommended Ray LaMontagne to me ages ago. He makes me melt :drool: