ITT You suggest....

xoblivion said:
Slayer -God Hates Us All?:( -- That has got to be one of their worst albums. If you have to recommend a newer album at least make it Diaboulus In Musica. God Hates Us All is not only their worse album it was the most terrible show I have ever been to. I don't listen to Slayer any more after that, it killed it.
Children of Bodom - I'd go with Hatebreeder or Follow The Reaper.
I'm a metal/punk/hardcore kid and even I like Muse, so I'd recommend them also. And Andrew W.K you just can't go wrong witht that guy.
I was trying to throw something random in there for her to get. My favorite Slayer album is South of Heaven or Seasons In The Abyss ;P Diabolus in Musica hurts my brain and Dave Lombardo HAS to be on drums for it to be Slayer.

The reccomending regular CoB albums is like throwing someone in the deep end and telling them to learn to swim.

You cant hate Muse or Shakira.

She probably needs some jam music too so, Gov't Mule - Deepest End, Widespread Panic - 'Til The Medicine Takes.

Also if you want some new melodic death, check out Arsis, they only have one album but my god, it's like a wet dream.

b_sinning said:
Flaming Glory is Jack Black's character from High Fidelity. Maxium PC had a good article on testing different bitrates for various type of people and how they couldn't tell the difference. Most of their articles are poo anymore but for some reason I got this issue.

That magazine rocked when it was called "boot"

flaming has suggested a lot of good music to me!

and fuxx...what about thea gilmore? (one of FG's recommendations. :D )

Thorn Bird said:
flaming has suggested a lot of good music to me!

and fuxx...what about thea gilmore? (one of FG's recommendations. :D )
Yes, I am a golden God. ^___^

FlamingGlory said:
Eh, I'll admit that at my computer I can't really tell the difference, just not a good enough set up. At work though we have a very nice PA system, you run mp3s through enough amps and loud enough they start to clip horribly and sound very metallic. The joint stereo also sounds extremely fucked up on 40 or so speakers.
If it clips on one system and not another, its a symptom of the system, not the file.

In order of likelyhood of the problem :
1. You have an impedance mismatch from mixing consumer and pro gear.
2. Someone has the amps cranked too much.
3. Someone doesn't know how to set a comp-limiter.

FlamingGlory said:
I am a God of meagre funding.

i don't believe that for a second. you've been working your ass off lately. that equals money. combine that with the fact that you've got no bills, and you're a golden god.

FlamingGlory said:
I am a God of meagre funding.
shensign.gif

FlamingGlory said:
She probably needs some jam music too so, Gov't Mule - Deepest End, Widespread Panic - 'Til The Medicine Takes.

For Jam I personally love Dream Theatre, and The Mars Volta.

Just for good time's though I would also recommend:
The Dillinger Escape Plan (Math Metal)
Dimmu Borgir (Well if you like Norwegians and burring down churches.)
Against Me! -Reinventing Axel Rose(In my top ten albums of all time.) (Good to sing along to, sobor or drunk.)
The Postal Service (Emo/electronic) Not even near my preference but I really like them.
Drop Kick Murphy's -Do or Die (If you ever get drunk this is a must own.)

Hey Flaming-

Based on this list, what can you tell me??

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Sigur Ros - Takk
Common - Be
Deathcab for Cutie - Plans
Rogue Wave - Descended Like Vultures
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow, or new one?
Doves - Some Cities
LA Symphony - Disappear Here
Mute Math - some album from this year?
Eisley - Room Noises
Embrace - Out of Nothing
Arcade Fire - Funeral
The Decembrists - Picaresque
The Killers - Hot Fuss
The Zutons - Who Killed the Zutons?
Bright Eyes -
-I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
-Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
Wilco - Kicking Televisions: Live in Chicago

I've got most of it, but not everything (Im working on that now)
My brother in law sent us a list asking If we've heard/got any of it (which I have, and do)
But I can't get him everything on his list, so can you suggest some things he might be into (and me for that matter) based on this list?