ITT You suggest....

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Hey Flaming-

Based on this list, what can you tell me??

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Sigur Ros - Takk
Common - Be
Deathcab for Cutie - Plans
Rogue Wave - Descended Like Vultures
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow, or new one?
Doves - Some Cities
LA Symphony - Disappear Here
Mute Math - some album from this year?
Eisley - Room Noises
Embrace - Out of Nothing
Arcade Fire - Funeral
The Decembrists - Picaresque
The Killers - Hot Fuss
The Zutons - Who Killed the Zutons?
Bright Eyes -
-I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
-Digital Ash in a Digital Urn
Wilco - Kicking Televisions: Live in Chicago

I've got most of it, but not everything (Im working on that now)
My brother in law sent us a list asking If we've heard/got any of it (which I have, and do)
But I can't get him everything on his list, so can you suggest some things he might be into (and me for that matter) based on this list?

Awesome.

Franz Ferdinand - s/t (like The Killers, nu-new-wave)
Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Single) or Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (Album) (Indie Pop, you will like it)
Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth (Def sure of this one now)
Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful (Piano rock? Not sure what to call it, sounds like what Thom York would've made if he went solo in 1996)
Brandi Carlile - s/t (Youll like it, props to TB for finding it)
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - s/t (You seem to like the Indie Rock)
The Music - s/t (Bit hard to find on the internet, but if you like Embrace youll like them)
Shakira - Dónde Están los Ladrones? or MTV Unplugged (Way more rock than people give her credit for, if she was ugly there'd be critical acclaim.)
Massive Attack - Mezzanine (Youll like it, believe meeeee)
Placebo - Without You Im Nothing (It's a bit different from what you listed but again it's something I know youll appreciate, if you dont immediately hate the singer anyway)
The Pixies - Best Of: Wave of Mutilation or Doolittle (yummy stuff)
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World (I like it better than Chutes Too Narrow personally)
Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Like Bad News (from deathcab for cutie etc. rocks a bit more than they do though)
The Libertines - s/t (More Indie Pop, sound like The Clash but more melodic)
Superchunk - Driveway to Driveway (Yup, still on here)
Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute (Huge stretch for you, but if you see it might as well get it. You'll either want to stab red hot pokers in your ears or have an epiphany)
Feist - Let it Die (I've not had much chance to listen to it but sounds like something up your alley.)

Bold ones I'm very sure of. Hope it helps, feedback is appreciated. Gotta keep sharp ;)

Last edited:
Awesome list!!!
I LOVE Franz Ferdinand... got into them last year, same with Modest Mouse, The Shins and the Pixies.

Great suggestions. I'm looking into some of them now. I agree that Oh Inverted world is much better then CHutes too narrow (Im giving him that one instead)
I hope you don't mind, but you may be my new "go to" guy when it comes to music suggestions :p

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Awesome list!!!
I LOVE Franz Ferdinand... got into them last year, same with Modest Mouse, The Shins and the Pixies.

Great suggestions. I'm looking into some of them now. I agree that Oh Inverted world is much better then CHutes too narrow (Im giving him that one instead)
I hope you don't mind, but you may be my new "go to" guy when it comes to music suggestions :p

he doesn't mind. :D

Go to your local record store and check out the compilation section. I do that all the time for dance/trance/euro pop/etc just to find something fun and new, and you know what? It always pays off.

Second, look over your fav records. Find where it says who produced it and then go to your local record shop and find a genre, then look for that producer, what you find 9/10 times you'll like.

djdouchebag said:
Second, look over your fav records. Find where it says who produced it and then go to your local record shop and find a genre, then look for that producer, what you find 9/10 times you'll like.
It seems like such an obvious thing to do, yet I've only ever done it with one producer (Steve Lillywhite)

I'm a tard :tard:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
It seems like such an obvious thing to do, yet I've only ever done it with one producer (Steve Lillywhite)

I'm a tard :tard:
It's cool man. I didn't think of this until I started to dj, and with electronic music, how it's produced means a shit load. So making that next logical jump isn't hard at all, and (I can say from personal experience) works very very well.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Deathcab for Cutie - Plans

Death Cab for Cutie -- We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes
The Postal Service -- Give Up
The Dismemberment Plan -- Emergency and I

The Decembrists - Picaresque

Anything else by the Decemberists
The Weakerthans -- Reconstruction Site

Bright Eyes -
-I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
-Digital Ash in a Digital Urn

Neutral Milk Hotel -- In the Aeroplane over the Sea
Bright Eyes -- Lifted

Jack Johnson

boards of canada

Dr. Octogon
Deltron 3030
Lovage

Matisyahu

Mushroom Jazz

Madeleine Peyroux

Mr Scruff

Thievery Corporation

DePhazz

Groove Salad @ SomaFM [ http://soma.fm ]

note: any of these can be supplied at request :tard:

Last edited:
You can also check out this site. http://pandora.com/
Once you sign up you just enter in bands you like and they make a radio for you, but they play bands that they think you will like, so for they've been pretty good to me. Only about 1 in 30 songs I don't like, and you just hit, I don't like that song and they get better, I rarely hear music I don't like on it now.

You could also look around last.fm.