WTF Its Zombie Jesus Day! Happy Easter!

I bet it was your sister that conned you into that junk.

she's playin the vinyl copy right now.
i really like it.

music is rather good, story is great cause it sympathizes with judas

and the really human element they give jesus also makes it amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember watching it and did not find it as spectacular as you did, I guess.

jesus is afraid to die and even questions god's plans. he's portrayed rather weak yet with a powerful voice. you don't even see him perform any miracles. i don't know just something of the realism and drama element really makes the story interesting

Dear Zachy-Poo,

As with most Christian holidays, Easter started out as a Pagan holy day and was incorporated into the Christian faith when church leaders attempted to woo rural pagans. Christianity, compared to the current pagan religions, was not all that alluring; so, Christians allowed the pagans to keep their traditions under new names. Easter is a two parter (probably more but I'm not going to research this today): (i) the worship of the goddess Eostre (goddess of fertility) and (ii) the celebration of Beltane, which remains a high holy day amongst wiccans, also a celebration of fertility (earth and man). Henceforth the bunnies and eggs and such.

Also, in Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon, beltane was the event that caused Arthur and Morgana to mate, therefore breeding his son/nephew, therefore causing his own demise.

Love,

Dharma

the mists of avalon? that shit's called le morte d'arthur, babe

someone vandalized a jesus statue in town on easter. whoops

desecration_0425_1_912727c.jpg

those do sound good. never seen 'em.
coconut macaroons are pretty much the only sweet thing I like. those might work too