WTF Its Zombie Jesus Day! Happy Easter!

I actually don't know this one and would rather not look it up. Deetz plz

Dear Zachy-Poo,

As with most Christian holidays, Easter started out as a Pagan holy day and was incorporated into the Christian faith when church leaders attempted to woo rural pagans. Christianity, compared to the current pagan religions, was not all that alluring; so, Christians allowed the pagans to keep their traditions under new names. Easter is a two parter (probably more but I'm not going to research this today): (i) the worship of the goddess Eostre (goddess of fertility) and (ii) the celebration of Beltane, which remains a high holy day amongst wiccans, also a celebration of fertility (earth and man). Henceforth the bunnies and eggs and such.

Also, in Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Mists of Avalon, beltane was the event that caused Arthur and Morgana to mate, therefore breeding his son/nephew, therefore causing his own demise.

Love,

Dharma

also the whole story about the guy dying and raising from the dead a few days later... was originally about a pagan god or something and was around about 2000 years before jesus. was adopted into Christianity to get pagans to convert.

also the whole story about the guy dying and raising from the dead a few days later... was originally about a pagan god or something and was around about 2000 years before jesus. was adopted into Christianity to get pagans to convert.

Ugh, there is one dude that was walking around about the same time as Jesus. Starts with a M. Can't remember his name. It was kinda like a Lindsey Lohan/Britney Spears thing, like both were well known you liked one or the other.

Jesus won prom king though.

Just got done with my boy's Easter egg hunt. Just kicking back on the deck enjoying this beautiful day with Juli now.

Ugh, there is one dude that was walking around about the same time as Jesus. Starts with a M. Can't remember his name. It was kinda like a Lindsey Lohan/Britney Spears thing, like both were well known you liked one or the other.

Jesus won prom king though.

mithra, was around over 500 years before christ.

i was thinking of horus from the book of the dead though. the stories of jesus pretty much mimic that guy.

One of my lasting memories from college was some guy from my college (who I intensely disliked, much like a lot of other people from my college) running up to me and my friend on Easter morning as we were walking side by side, throwing his arms over both our shoulders and screaming "JESUS IS RISEN, GUYS!!! SO AWESOME!!!"

I always remember that moment every year and scowl as my Facebook wall fills up with similar such commentary.

Last edited:
One of my lasting memories from college was some guy from my college (who I intensely disliked, much like a lot of other people from my college) running up to me and my friend on Easter morning as we were walking side by side, throwing his arms over both our shoulders and screaming "JESUS IS RISEN, GUYS!!! SO AWESOME!!!"

I always remember that moment every year and scowl as my Facebook wall fills up with similar such commentary.
He did that because he knew it made you uncomfortable :fly: