WTF Its Zombie Jesus Day! Happy Easter!

bRvVZ.jpg

Really? What physical object do Catholics treat as a god?

It's not objects they treat as god, but it's objects they hold in almost or just as high of a standard as god. ie: crosses, jesus statues, the holy grail, bibles, etc. etc.

theoretically i should be able to burn all of the above and you should be like "whatever, thats cool. God in Heaven is the only thing that's really important, he'd be pissed if i was mad about you burning these earthly creations symbolizing him because they really have no meaning."

It's not objects they treat as god, but it's objects they hold in almost or just as high of a standard as god. ie: crosses, jesus statues, the holy grail, bibles, etc. etc.

theoretically i should be able to burn all of the above and you should be like "whatever, thats cool. God in Heaven is the only thing that's really important, he'd be pissed if i was mad about you burning these earthly creations symbolizing him because they really have no meaning."

Idolatry is the worship of an item as a god.

Veneration or adoration of a representation is different.

And I don't know a single Christian that wouldn't get upset at someone burning the Bible.

And I don't know a single Christian that wouldn't get upset at someone burning the Bible.

Anyone that backs Palin would.

unless you're talking about monotheistic religions, in which case idolatry takes on a slightly different meaning of worshiping images or objects.

its not like i'm pulling this shit out of my ass, its a huge thing between the roman catholic church and the eastern orthodox church. the use of icons is one of the main religious reasons the two split into the separate church's (the others were geography and politically motivated).