GAY It's us V. Them part gazillion

D1xG5.jpg

I think top level politicians should be held to a higher standard. I don't want some weak willed everyman retard in there. I want the best and the brightest and that's what we deserve and who we used to get. somehow it's devolved, unfortunately.

They all hold the highest standard that the voting populace requires.

I think top level politicians should be held to a higher standard. I don't want some weak willed everyman retard in there. I want the best and the brightest and that's what we deserve and who we used to get. somehow it's devolved, unfortunately.

It's always amusing to me when people say this (about anything, not just this).

Is it wrong that I expect them to act on a standard higher than I set for myself?

Yes.

I don't see much amusing about it. it's a large part of what's wrong with this country. it's being run by unscrupulous retards.

not necessarily true. if shitty candidates run you're stuck voting for one of them whether the public likes it or not.

Then run for office yourself, that's how the system works, and obviously you've got the connections.

Because at the end of the day they're just regular ol' people.

You're in the military, can I hold you to higher standard for every facet of your life?
when it comes to things related to my job which is funded by taxpayer dollars, absolutely.

his honesty in statements to his constituency is an integral part of his job. I don't give a fuck if he has an affair but he is damn sure supposed to be held to a higher standard of honesty in his statements to the people he represents

Last edited:
when it comes to things related to my job which is funded by taxpayer dollars, absolutely.

his honesty in statements to his constituency is an integral part of his job. I don't give a fuck if he has an affair but he is damn sure supposed to be held to a higher standard of honesty in his statements to the people he represents

Why is his sex life any business of the people he represents? Why does he have to tell a lie at all?

If you want to draw the line at "things related to his job" fine, no problem, but if that were the case we wouldn't be talking about this.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he had to say anything about his sex life. He could have just said "it's none of your business, nothing was done with public funds or during office hours, it's personal" and been done with it. The problem is that he chose to lie about it. That's the higher standard I'm talking about. You have every right to hold me to a higher standard in regards to keeping national security secrets even when I'm not on duty. You have ever right to hold me to a higher standard in regards to not getting into legal trouble because if I do, it costs more taxpayer dollars than if a civilian does it. You even have the right to hold me to a higher standard in terms of physical fitness because the conditions of my position and pay grade require it.

Just as we have every right to hold him to a higher standard while in office in terms of honesty. Even though we're not his constituents, lying in public to the people goes against the very purpose of his position. What he does on his private time should certainly be his private business but if he chooses to speak to the public then every word that comes out of his mouth should be the truth, even if those words are "I don't want to talk about it"