It's TAX TIME!!! how much do you Owe/Get back?

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥486
SO it's tax time, last year was worse then this year it seems, my tax guy is still working on it. Looks like i'll owe about a grand. Not horrible really!

On a side note, Whats for lunch? I don't cook, or have food in the house, so i'll need some healthy suggestions for getting food outside of this house.

Have you folks done your taxes yet? You should. i Know we have time but my tax guy and his wife are going to Key west for a month as of sunday. He likes to avoid the people who don't plan ahead.

dunno yet.. can anybody recommend an inexpensive, but quality place to get them done? (is "inexpensive quality" an oxymoron?)

nervous cause we made a lil paper last year and I'm used to getting several thousand dollars back to get me thru the summer and I don't know if that'll be the case this year. :confused:

I did my taxes mid-january. I got back 200. It came and it went.

quickly.

What are you guys going to do with your stimulus packages (p.s. this makes me giggle)?

dunno yet.. can anybody recommend an inexpensive, but quality place to get them done? (is "inexpensive quality" an oxymoron?)

nervous cause we made a lil paper last year and I'm used to getting several thousand dollars back to get me thru the summer and I don't know if that'll be the case this year. :confused:

H and R Block?

Does Sears still have accountant services there or did that go away with leisure suits?

We owed $1924. I did the projection for next year and if we don't buy a house this year we'll owe $2300

I don't see why people over pay now to get a refund next year... it's like giving the IRS a free loan, and with inflation and everything, the money you get back in next year's refund is worth less than if you kept it in your check this year.

I owe $727. I'd much rather be getting a return, but I don't think they adjusted my withholding after my raise this year. Hopefully next year I'll either break even or get a return.

Probably a bunch. Last year was I think $1600 federal, $120ish state. I expect a similar amount this year. Would be a little lower if my father wasn't such a dick and get a few financial accounts put into the name of trusts, instead of my name and tax ID.

As for that stimulus package (lol) rebate check, it will go into paying my taxes or other bills. edit: that is assuming I still get one, as I took too long to compile my financial forms to give to my accountant, who is now swamped and probably won't get my taxes done on time, perhaps get me my estimated, so I send a partial payment to the feds.

Last edited:
Probably a bunch. Last year was I think $1600 federal, $120ish state. I expect a similar amount this year. Would be a little lower if my father wasn't such a dick and get a few financial accounts put into the name of trusts, instead of my name and tax ID.

As for that stimulus package (lol) rebate check, it will go into paying my taxes or other bills. edit: that is assuming I still get one, as I took too long to compile my financial forms to give to my accountant, who is now swamped and probably won't get my taxes done on time, perhaps get me my estimated, so I send a partial payment to the feds.

They aren't going to begin sending rebates to people who filed extensions until December, IIRC.

They begin sending rebates via direct deposit to folks who filled out their bank info on their 2007 returns and submitted them prior to the April 15 due date.

The IRS website has a schedule of when they're sending check out.

All of the direct deposit stuff is going to be done by May 16, paper checks are sent out by the last 2 digits of the SSN begining May 16 and continuing on until mid-July

We owed $1924. I did the projection for next year and if we don't buy a house this year we'll owe $2300

I don't see why people over pay now to get a refund next year... it's like giving the IRS a free loan, and with inflation and everything, the money you get back in next year's refund is worth less than if you kept it in your check this year.

I'm doing my part to help the government. They get to use my money and its interest for the year...

I'm doing my part to help the government. They get to use my money and its interest for the year...

good answer. i'll say that, too.

we do it because it's a "poor man's savings account." we rely on it for vacation or upkeep to the house. if we split it into 12 payments through the year, we'd blow it on bills or food or something we need in a different way.

I won't be getting a "stimulus package" :rant:

Well, at least you don't have to pay it back.

It's stupid how these things work. Hopefully next year the economy will look better or this plan will look like hell. Imagine being a couple who owes $2k this year with similar expectations next. You'll owe $3200.

Did anyone see Glenn Beck's essay today regarding SS and Medicare on CNN.com?

Fuck me:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/26/beck.deficit/index.html

We got back a lot, and it wasn't cause we overpaid, we didn't actually pay any Federal taxes.

We are using our stimulus to buy an semi automatic rifle to fight the corrupt government with after next years election. :fly: And some stuff for me but I don't know what yet.