It's TAX TIME!!! how much do you Owe/Get back?

did my taxes on taxact.com last night... gonna get about $1300 back. which means when i go into work next week i gotta lower my deductions and up what goes into my 401k.

p.s. used h&r block last year and they rape you on fees. better off actually buying turbotax and spending an hour or two of qaulity time with it.

why do we still have income taxes again? wouldn't it be easier to have 50% sales tax than to figure out all this crap every year?

Of course it would be. A flat Federal sales tax would be perfect. Even drug dealers would get taxed on the shit that they buy with illegal drug money.

The only problem with it is he fact that the rich get taxed and we can't have that now can we. :tard:

did my taxes on taxact.com last night... gonna get about $1300 back. which means when i go into work next week i gotta lower my deductions and up what goes into my 401k.

p.s. used h&r block last year and they rape you on fees. better off actually buying turbotax and spending an hour or two of qaulity time with it.

so, a big "NO" to Block then... i'ma get mine done somewhere this week and they were an option obviously.

I used HRBlock.com. It's free unless you adjusted gross income exceeds 58k. Just look for the free link.

There's also the option to upgrade to a better version for something like $14.98. You only need that if you happen to live in a crappy state that charges income tax. Either way it's all done online so you can log in, do a few steps, and save it for later anytime.

Last edited:
I owe $50 right now but that may change when I get my ad valorem from my car in there which was something like $300...I'll finish it up when I get home because I'm too lazy to go down to my car right now

since i paid $727 in taxes I'm going to just let it ride on my visa (mostly) until I get my stimulus check.