It's official guys, i'm a freakin texan

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥486
BLOGGY BLOG BLOG, don't yell at me dharma.

The background check came through monday and i'm leaving next friday. They are moving on this quickly now that the slow background check came through. I'll be driving to San Antonio on friday morning and hopefully arrive saturday at some point to start my housing search. I was a bit hesitant to take the miata, and therefore i went out truck searching but, alas we could not agree on a price for an F150 so i'll be sticking out like a sore thumb in the land of huge trucks. Any advice for a soon to be relocater? I've already hired a property management company and my roomates are already looking for a place to live. The company is sending a moving truck to pack and haul my crap whenever i request it.

I'll miss the tampa crew, and unfortunately i won't have time to come visit before i leave as i have a boatload of stuff to take care of prior. I have mixed feelings about the situation, although i hear alot of great things about San Antonio, i also know alot of great things about orlando and the general central florida area. I'll be using this opportunity to sort of re-invent myself, make new friends and start anew. I think the job will be very challenging as well as rewarding and i do have a slight concern of not performing to the set expectations but i'll deal with those issues as they come. I'm relieved to be getting a job in general and happy that it's my specific expertise and with a stable, great company. I suppose i couldn't have asked for more so for that reason i suppose you could say (if your religious) that i've been blessed (i'm not religious).

So, suggestions? I'll go ahead and take the below suggestion out of the running;
1. Come out of the closet finally in the land of steers and queers, how nice.
2. Find a nice husband and settle down.

Mom is absolutly crushed, although she knew this was a possibility i don't think she was entirely prepared for it actually coming to fruition. Dad actually said he feels like he's losing his best friend. Not sure how i became the proverbial favorite of the children, but it's flattering and i'll miss them terribly along with all my friends. So some constructive advice would be great, a humurous suggestion is expected but most of all it's to inform my tampa friends that it'll be a while until i can get back there for a visit :(

I've had alot of friends offer to come along. Friends that i will indeed miss, but i also feel like this is a great opportunity to break away. I feel like i really need to do this on my own.

Sincerely,
Scared shitless inline

Last edited:
Thanks WAW. I think it's the right career move. I could have continued consulting all over the country, but i don't think that would be the best move for advancing my life in more ways then just my career.

Texas loss is our gain.

:fly:

In all seriousness, good luck man. Packing up and moving somewhere completely alien on your own is a scarey fucking adventure, but holds a lot of potential too. I have no doubts you will make the most of it.

I grew up in that area of Texas. It's great! You'll love it!

So what's the job? What company?