Hawt It's a good day for America, and therefore the world

I would love to find a decent way to keep guns out of criminals hands. But no matter how many gun laws you make criminals will break laws.

Legalizing mary j may be one way to cut back on gang territory type gun crimes but I have no doubt that a drug dealer is a drug dealer is a drug dealer and if it's not one drug they will probably deal a different one.

Wouldn't be an issue at all if the government wasn't somehow involved in... marriage. :wtf:

no, this is stupid. of course the government is involved in marriage. you can have all the religious ceremonies you want but until your marriage is legally recognized by a government it is simply an agreement between two people. which is fine until you want to interact with the government in a manner where marital status is a factor

the government doesn't give a flying fuck if you have religious ceremonies and marry anyone you want with consent. it's not involved in that one damn bit. but people who get marriage licenses do so because they want their marriage recognized by the government because that comes with a lot of legal and societal changes. otherwise there's no reason to get said licenses.

it's the states being involved in marriage that caused the problem, the federal government had to correct their mistake just like with loving v Virginia. if government stayed out of it entirely the results would be much, much worse

fuck's sake this stupid libertarian bullshit is infuriating

Why is a legal contract needed exactly? Why are their legal reasons needed again?

Marriage is fucking retarded to begin with, and having it tied into laws governing a nation is even more retarded.

probably not. seems like as a society we can progress past the need for such silly ancient property contracts to be apart of our modern government.

So, do you have a new friend?
Oh it gets far, far worse.

This dude is about as Molon Abe as you can get. He THEN proceeded to tell all of us that "this gay thing is actually great because they exposed a loophole in the Bill of Rights that will allow ALL OF US TO OWN ALL THE GUNS AND SHOOT ALL THE PEOPLES THAT TREAD ON US".

:case:

This dude is about as Molon Abe as you can get. He THEN proceeded to tell all of us that "this gay thing is actually great because they exposed a loophole in the Bill of Rights that will allow ALL OF US TO OWN ALL THE GUNS AND SHOOT ALL THE PEOPLES THAT TREAD ON US".

Was it something about "due to the ruling, now anyone that has a concealed carry issued by one state can carry in all states."
That's what has been going around on the faceplace.

Was it something about "due to the ruling, now anyone that has a concealed carry issued by one state can carry in all states."
That's what has been going around on the faceplace.

dear god. This sounds like 'I can do it here so I can do it there.' Or, 'it can't be done here so it can't be done anywhere'

Interweb stupidity at it's finest. My guess is that it will make the news because they can get one moron for each side to put on a suit and articulate it hoping they can fan enough flames to create something newsworthy.

FYI, don't lose hope on all of us Libertarians. I was totally for this gay marriage thing. Equal rights and all that jazz.

The institution of marriage as a religious process is up to the religion. they can marry (or decline marriage) to anyone they don't recognize as a legit couple. The state however, should recognize marriage between two consenting adults regardless of any religious practices.

It's really anything BUT a loophole. It's compliance with the constitution.

Probably the first thing SCOTUS has actually complied with in a century.

FYI, don't lose hope on all of us Libertarians. I was totally for this gay marriage thing. Equal rights and all that jazz.

The institution of marriage as a religious process is up to the religion. they can marry (or decline marriage) to anyone they don't recognize as a legit couple. The state however, should recognize marriage between two consenting adults regardless of any religious practices.

It's really anything BUT a loophole. It's compliance with the constitution.

Probably the first thing SCOTUS has actually complied with in a century.
What did they comply with?

dear god. This sounds like 'I can do it here so I can do it there.' Or, 'it can't be done here so it can't be done anywhere'

Interweb stupidity at it's finest. My guess is that it will make the news because they can get one moron for each side to put on a suit and articulate it hoping they can fan enough flames to create something newsworthy.

This is good news for @Jehannum because since his car can be registered as an antique in Atlanta, he doesn't have to bother to pass smog.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and Amstel