Is the "shock horror" movie trend ever going to end?

And one can enjoy a good scare or special effects with it being a realistic portral of someone dying a horrible death. If you don't like it, don't watch it. It's not real, it's a movie. I know when I walk out of that theater or turn off my DVD player that those actors went home happy and paid and alive. It's not like I'm watching it happen in a back alley IRL.

Same goes for games like Manhunt, where I squeel with glee when after 10 attempts I finally sneak up behind that bastard and gut him like a fish with a broken peice of glass, stab him in the eye, and then slit his throat. There's no way in hell that I'd ever do that to anyone for reals, nor would I ever get an ounce of pleasure out of it. It's sickening to think of someone that would do that to another human being. I dunno, to me there is no grey area, no games-overlapping-reality, ala: GTA Made me Jack a Car and Beat a Hooker. I have a very distinct realization of what is real and what is fake/game, and therefore I can enjoy watching/playing that stuff without it affecting me personally.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go home and skull-fuck my neighbor's dog that I skinned alive last night.

word

:heart:

Certain girls and their certain taste in entertainment have permanently scarred me with such as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_underground
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichi_the_killer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_(novel)

'Guts' in 'Haunted' probably having the worst effect on my poor brain.

Hey look, some of my favorite movies!

And don't forget that August Underground's Penance comes out soon (but don't miss Mordum before you watch it) ;)

Mines on pre-order!

xoxo,

elpmis

Hey look, some of my favorite movies!

And don't forget that August Underground's Penance comes out soon (but don't miss Mordum before you watch it) ;)

Mines on pre-order!

xoxo,

elpmis

That is the scariest, grossest, vomit inducing movie of all time. A++++ will watch again... with a barf bag this time.

I don't enjoy the genre as a whole. I liked the Friday the 13th series when I was a kid, but this shit doesnt' appeal to me anymore. Saw had a neat twist, but the dialogue and acting was terrible. Saw 2 & 3 sucked. Hostel sucked, though not very gorey. M. Night Shamadamawingdong sucks. These movies are cranked out for teeny boppers, imo. I'll stick to biased documentaries on THC.

(BTW, I just realized that THC's abbreviation is the same as pot's)

Also have you ever looked on the back of a dollar bill? Their is some weird shit going on there.

I was raised watching horror flicks and continue to absolutely love them. Many times you can find me watching B rated horrible horror flicks because I find them amazingly funny. My pops loves horror flicks and we had the biggest collections of movies in the neighborhood. I remember for my 9th birthday we were watching Predator and the sex scene came on, lol. My dad and mom almost shit themselves since there was around 15, 9 year old kids watching it, haha. They are movies and if you cannot tell them from real life then seriously, you might wanna check out a shrink.

I was raised watching horror flicks and continue to absolutely love them. Many times you can find me watching B rated horrible horror flicks because I find them amazingly funny. My pops loves horror flicks and we had the biggest collections of movies in the neighborhood. I remember for my 9th birthday we were watching Predator and the sex scene came on, lol. My dad and mom almost shit themselves since there was around 15, 9 year old kids watching it, haha. They are movies and if you cannot tell them from real life then seriously, you might wanna check out a shrink.

You were reared not raised . . . unless you are cattle.

You were reared not raised . . . unless you are cattle.

you know I am not the smartest guy in the world so dont get my mind all messed up with your engrish bullshit. I rely on my charms and good looks to get me through this life, wait maybe thats why life seems to be really hard :confused:

Maybe they should start giving out fake, severed, body parts at the theaters .. nah, that might be a little much.

They should probably just sell them in the gift shop, no need to force it on someone by handing it directly to them.

The 2nd one?

Oooh, the latinos (or was it the rastafarians) who got skinned in the penthouse. That's right. I was thinking Danny Glover got some but I don't remember puking on myself while watching it.

Last edited: