GAY Is Pope Francis genuine or is all this neat stuff surrounding him a publicity stunt?

Is there a scandal that you believe is related to grooming him, or just a general doubt about the guy because: scandals?

General doubt. It seems convenient that all these horrible things were happening in the Catholic church, then BAM Mr. Nice Guy shows up.

See how much of a stir is creates when a christian acts like a christian? I like this guy. I wish more of his followers were like him, though I highly doubt his actions are going to change anything significantly.

See how much of a stir is creates when a christian acts like a christian? I like this guy. I wish more of his followers were like him, though I highly doubt his actions are going to change anything significantly.

I feel mostly like this though I am somewhat hoping that it can make a change. Would be nice if the upper guys in any kind of Christianity would act like a Christian and not a money grubbing selfish asshole.

YfjY11g.jpg

Pope should be nominated by election. I want to see some papal mud slinging.
"This guy's touched over 50 kids while I've shown much more restraint and have only touched 9!"

From what I remember, no. It was a surprise he was voted Pope by the Cardinals.

I thought it was second in line, Benedict was voted just slightly ahead of him last time. He was the shoe-in when Benedict took off the Prada sandles. Speaking of which, Prada was offended the new pope declined accepting the new shoes. I think this new pope, from the beginning as a cardinal decades ago, took to the adage or practicing what he preaches and I endorse his actions. He does candid unscripted interviews, he is very personable, and very inclusive. I think he is a excellent choice for a struggling power.

it's kinda the other way around, at least for me. I'm happy that finally there's a movement in a major religion to move beyond some of the stuff that makes that particular religion horrible in the first place. good luck finding any significant number of atheists actually pissed about this

I would much rather any debate on religion be about the ability to verify its claims, however the negative influences on society have to be the forefront of the conversation because they're still affecting people today. Once those are gone we can get into purely philosophical debates. That's a good thing and I imagine most atheists you talk to will agree.

Actually, I would think this person is EXACTLY who the atheists have been begging for. This pope is inclusive and rather than doctrine, proves his point in action. He shows first hand good actions, not old wives tales and stories in a book. the argument athiests make is that you don't need a "good book" or faith or doctrine to be a good person, you just have to be a good person in the first place. I believe this pope feels the same way and is showing the way.

this,
Actually, I would think this person is EXACTLY who the atheists have been begging for. This pope is inclusive and rather than doctrine, proves his point in action. He shows first hand good actions, not old wives tales and stories in a book. the argument athiests make is that you don't need a "good book" or faith or doctrine to be a good person, you just have to be a good person in the first place. I believe this pope feels the same way and is showing the way.

Although I don't know that 'begging for' is the right term. I think it's more that they've been denying that a guy like that exists. Now, it's pretty hard to not see that it really exists. I think the way he acts exists in a lot more people than the atheists would like to admit & their whipping boy 'the Pope' is no longer an easy target.

this,

Although I don't know that 'begging for' is the right term. I think it's more that they've been denying that a guy like that exists. Now, it's pretty hard to not see that it really exists. I think the way he acts exists in a lot more people than the atheists would like to admit & their whipping boy 'the Pope' is no longer an easy target.

Posts like this make me feel that thinking is not a thing you do much of.