GAY Is Pope Francis genuine or is all this neat stuff surrounding him a publicity stunt?

Short version:

-some dude accused priest of diddling him or whatever like 30 years prior.
-bishop paid dude off, priest denied anything happened.
-cops got involved because you can't buy silence here by law.
-priest was replaced, rumours started swirling about
-i was interviewed about said priest because I was an altar boy as well as his newspaper carrier (priest was super nice guy, nothing ever happened)
-priest went to trial, was exonerated
-priests career is ruined because church payoff makes him look guilty
-huge local scandal about pedos arose in my hometown involving other priests, probabtion officers, and others but not the priest in question

Short version:

-some dude accused priest of diddling him or whatever like 30 years prior.
-bishop paid dude off, priest denied anything happened.
-cops got involved because you can't buy silence here by law.
-priest was replaced, rumours started swirling about
-i was interviewed about said priest because I was an altar boy as well as his newspaper carrier (priest was super nice guy, nothing ever happened)
-priest went to trial, was exonerated
-priests career is ruined because church payoff makes him look guilty
-huge local scandal about pedos arose in my hometown involving other priests, probabtion officers, and others but not the priest in question

some kid banking on the attention of previous kids that actually did get diddled? Or maybe your nice guy wasnt so nice

some kid banking on the attention of previous kids that actually did get diddled? Or maybe your nice guy wasnt so nice

dude was in his late 40's. i legit believe the priest (the first one) was innocent

diocese kind of fucked the priest over by paying off the kid. Wonder if the priest even knew they did it, or objected to it

the payout I believe was about $35-40k, and yes, the diocese definitely fucked the priest over.

can priests actually be fired? or do they just go into kinda limbo, where they dont have a congregation