I'm telling you it's crosswire in the right hand drawer that will get us out of this

Bubbles

Flaccid Member
May 24, 2005
i cannot divulge this informatin
Marklar
₥0
I want a digital camera. I have no idea where to begin. HELP!!!!

You all know how technologically disinclined I am, so I am looking for something small and simple. I would like it to be easy enough to carry in a purse and with as few buttons and things to screw up as possible, while still being a quality camera. I've looked at some online and in stores and frankly, I don't understand what half the specs on these things mean and I don't trust the salesmen who work off commission. Can you suggest anything?

April23 said:
For basic point and shoot stuff?

yeah. Just a camera so I can post things if I want or take to a party, nothing really special. But, I don't want crap at the same time. I got one for Christmas a few years ago and the stupid thing never once worked right. I read and reread the directions and never could get the flash to turn on and the pics I took with no flash were horrible, it wouldn't even focus on it's own.

Bubbles said:

Yeah what level of use are you looking at? I have a 4 megapixel that is still all I really need and I bought it 3 years ago. High quality images. I would suggest that range at the minimum if you want the ability to make medium or large sized prints. Probably 5 mp. But if you just want standard 5x7s or 4x6s a 2-4 mp would suit you just fine.

The key to digital photography is that higher megapixel counts facilitate larger pictures. That is to say that the higher the number the bigger the picture or print you can produce at high quality. Thus those Kodak 10-13 mp monsters would produce very large images at very high quality. Conversely if you try to make an 8x10 print with a 2 mp camera you will notice distinct shittiness in the translation.

Sarcasmo said:
The key to digital photography is that higher megapixel counts facilitate larger pictures. That is to say that the higher the number the bigger the picture or print you can produce at high quality. Thus those Kodak 10-13 mp monsters would produce very large images at very high quality. Conversely if you try to make an 8x10 print with a 2 mp camera you will notice distinct shittiness in the translation.

That's the most helpful thing I've heard yet....thanks.

So, I'm looking for something around 4-5 megapixles then. And I'd like to spend between $100 and $200.....or I could just ask for it for Christmas.