Thread I'm selling sh!t

All the washers broken on craigslist have had the exact same problem in my experience. The drain pump is jammed. I'd fix em and stuff but no car.

you'll get that from someone who doesnt know much and just wants a Green Machine. Craigslist it up for that.

appliances are dead simple, hell, anything electric in a house is. But parts are pric-ier on em.

Anygood sources to read up on it? My Toro trimmer stopped working, there was some fuel leaking on it, so it might just be the hoses, but I looked and they looked secure (with no cracks)

Anygood sources to read up on it? My Toro trimmer stopped working, there was some fuel leaking on it, so it might just be the hoses, but I looked and they looked secure (with no cracks)

I can help you out. How did it "stop working" You pull the cord and it just does go? When you push the prime pump, does it seem to fill up with fuel eventually, or it it just air? Do you smell varnish at all when you try to start it?

Two strokes the first things i check are

a) the fuel line, those rot out way too quickly almost universally (im talking about the line inside the gas tank, the connecting lines outside are generally ok)
b) the carb

other than that, there really isnt much at all to break on them unless something went very seriously wrong (used unoiled gas, etc)

I can help you out. How did it "stop working" You pull the cord and it just does go? When you push the prime pump, does it seem to fill up with fuel eventually, or it it just air? Do you smell varnish at all when you try to start it?

Two strokes the first things i check are

a) the fuel line, those rot out way too quickly almost universally (im talking about the line inside the gas tank, the connecting lines outside are generally ok)
b) the carb

other than that, there really isnt much at all to break on them unless something went very seriously wrong (used unoiled gas, etc)

I pull the cord and nothing happens. Prime pump does fill with fuel. I don't recall a varnish smell though. Fuel lines were replaced 2 years ago when one cracked. (it was actually the outside one that cracked, but I replaced all of it since I had the extra lines)

i would say you're not getting fuel. empty the tank, and pull the line that goes into the tank, it should have a filter on the end (which can also be clogged). Its obviously somewhat clear since your prime pump does fill, but im thinking its not clear enough for the engine to siphon fuel into the carb.

If thats clean and clear (pull it out, wash it, blow through it, etc), then you've got a plugged passage in your carb, which is also fairly easy to fix if you're remotely mechanical. But one step at a time.

On time vs always getting there eventually is the difference. UPS puts something out as undeliverable, you will never hear from them again. USPS either delivers it eventually or returns it to you.

This isn't always the case. In fact, it's never happened. Wait, once just recently, just remembered.

This was first class shipping, though. And in the tracking, you're left wondering why the fck it's still sitting in Bumfuk, IA, when it's said that very note for 5 days now. So, you just sit and wait. And even when it does come back, the tracking never showed "returned" or anything. Just stayed "updated" from the last update...which was 8 days prior.

aka, something you bought at home depot (D or L series) or a real Deere with PTO/etc.

Depends on the area. But, research was done before this purchase. Turns out, the Home Depot closest to our house is supplied their machines from the John Deere dealer a few miles from us. When they need servicing, Home Depot sends the machines to them, too. They don't in house service them.

This isn't the case with all Home Depots though.

Ever change the plug? If it is too fouled to spark it doesn't matter how much fuel you are getting.

also a good idea to check. I forget simple shit sometimes, and a fouled plug is a very real possibility with a 2 stroke.

Depends on the area. But, research was done before this purchase. Turns out, the Home Depot closest to our house is supplied their machines from the John Deere dealer a few miles from us. When they need servicing, Home Depot sends the machines to them, too. They don't in house service them.

This isn't the case with all Home Depots though.

Its not awful, the design is decent, its just roughly comparable with the other higher end brands at big box stores rather than being a commercial class machine. Which is fine for 90% of people.