Thread I'm selling sh!t

tsrh

I recently shipped Carys' sister something overseas using USPS priority and the tracking is shit and the guesstimation on when it should arrive is even more shit.

Within the states its satisfactory tho. Nothing near as great as FedEx and UPS... but that's to be expected. hmpf.
It's literally half the price of UPS.

And half the service....
You must know the exact GPS location of every package, every hour, every day? Then maybe Fed Ex is worth it. UPS is just shitty, when they hold it out for shipping two days in a row then leave a note you have to pick it up at the depot you might've well have driven it yourself.

USPS Priority is contracted out to Fed Ex btw lol The only thing they handle is last mile delivery.

I work in logistics. I need my packages delivered on time to their correct destinations. My business depends on it.
On time vs always getting there eventually is the difference. UPS puts something out as undeliverable, you will never hear from them again. USPS either delivers it eventually or returns it to you.

tsrh

I recently shipped Carys' sister something overseas using USPS priority and the tracking is shit and the guesstimation on when it should arrive is even more shit.

Within the states its satisfactory tho. Nothing near as great as FedEx and UPS... but that's to be expected. hmpf.
First class is the same as priority when you're shipping outside the states, best I can tell. Cheaper too.

I dunno, I ship everything via USPS because it's cheap and my stuff always gets there. I've sent stuff to every continent and as long as I have the address formatted properly it always makes it there. It takes almost 2 weeks to send stuff to Australia in case anyone was curious.

something small that has less potential to be broke I have zero issues with. An appliance or something electronic no way. You have zero way of knowing the real condition of the product and it's actual use. I would rather buy retail and get the warranty.

or be knowledgeable enough to fix it yourself if something is wrong with it. I've bought almost all my outdoor equipment off craigslist for 1/10th of retail. Some of it worked right off the bat, some needed maybe 1-2 hours of work.

Very very worth it for me

It's only accurate with priority shopping within the US, I've found.
Standard is bullshit for tracking & reliability.

id say its bullshit for tracking (hell, half the time your item is delivered before the tracking number is even in the system), but excellent for reliability.

For the price (way way cheaper than UPS or Fedex) i really like USPS. their 2 day is reliable, fast, and they dont beat up packages as much as ups

They wonder why they are losing money hand over fist. When I have customers that want to use them or vendors who want to ship to me using them I practically beg them not to. I'm lucky if 1 out of 3 packages get delivered without incident.

i've had the complete opposite experience. Maybe your local postmaster just really sucks

edit: theyre losing money hand over fist, because congress assfucks them with a 10 foot black dildo. They have to pre-fund retirement for employees they dont even have yet to the tune of billions.

or be knowledgeable enough to fix it yourself if something is wrong with it. I've bought almost all my outdoor equipment off craigslist for 1/10th of retail. Some of it worked right off the bat, some needed maybe 1-2 hours of work.

tsrh

I sold a string trimmer after replacing the fuel line for $7 and got $100 for it all cleaned up and repaired. Sold it as working.

There are lots of broken things on CL that can be bought for cheap. I've thought about buying more trimmers/lawn equipment and fixing/cleaning them up and reselling. I wonder how much profit/time it would be...

That's it exactly you paid 1/10 of retail not some inflated price because the person selling that it was near new.

id say its bullshit for tracking (hell, half the time your item is delivered before the tracking number is even in the system), but excellent for reliability.

For the price (way way cheaper than UPS or Fedex) i really like USPS. their 2 day is reliable, fast, and they dont beat up packages as much as ups

I have an acquaintance who breeds tarantulas and sells them on the internets, he says for overnight shipping, only USPS is gentile enough to not kill the spiders in transit.

That's it exactly you paid 1/10 of retail not some inflated price because the person selling that it was near new.

We've been doing this for awhile now. We know what we are doing, and we do not need any "advice" from you. Thank you though.

tsrh

I sold a string trimmer after replacing the fuel line for $7 and got $100 for it all cleaned up and repaired. Sold it as working.

There are lots of broken things on CL that can be bought for cheap. I've thought about buying more trimmers/lawn equipment and fixing/cleaning them up and reselling. I wonder how much profit/time it would be...

Small engine repair is a good gig if you can do the work yourself. Appliance repair can also be very lucrative.

tsrh

I've thought of the same, in fixing my own shit id say im on the level with a beginner mechanic for small engines. If i needed the cash, i think i could probably turn over 3000ish a month doing that during summer months, and maybe half that in winter.

I've thought of the same, in fixing my own shit id say im on the level with a beginner mechanic for small engines. If i needed the cash, i think i could probably turn over 3000ish a month doing that during summer months, and maybe half that in winter.
Not bad, the smaller 2 stroke ones you can do on your kitchen table.

A prime example of that is electric water heater installs. After watching a dude do it for me, i kicked myself for not doing it myself.

Besides the awkwardness of it, its literally 3 wires to hook up, and two pipes. So incredibly simple.

And the guy pockets 300-400 bucks for doing that.

Not bad, the smaller 2 stroke ones you can do on your kitchen table.

id actually go for the bigger gear i think, higher markup.

Buy riding lawnmowers and tractors that "dont start, i just want it taken away" for 100-200, fix em up, resell for 400-700.

Most you'll get for two stroke stuff is 100-150.