Advice If you use tapatalk, you might wanna hide your info

I dug through the Tapatalk website (nothing there to do anything with account info). Dug through the app, and don't see anything with real name. Only see Tapatalk ID (which is set to my penname that I had previously).
I did find the notifications setting and I shut them off because they're annoying. Tapatalk is still has a crappy UI. 5 clicks just to view the forums or whatever. Not intuitive at all.

How many people ACTUALLY read the release info though... 99% of the people just want the free app because ADD and shit.
it's still dirty....even on tapatalk's site they say they are concerned with the security of their app and identities...then they go on to say:

This Privacy Policy describes Tapatalk's collection, use and sharing of personally identifiable information, which may include your first and last name, email address, mailing address, or telephone number, and the username and email address of your friends you invite to use the Service that you voluntarily provide when using the Service ("PII") through the Website or the Application. This Privacy Policy also explains how we collect, use and share information based on your interactions with the Service.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
hmm...I doubt I used my real name like that but let me know if it reports back. I won't be able to mess with tapatalk settings until later today

I sprayed gravy all over the thread so let's see who gets my name

hmm...I doubt I used my real name like that but let me know if it reports back. I won't be able to mess with tapatalk settings until later today

I sprayed gravy all over the thread so let's see who gets my name
I don't think it sends emails automagically, I think you have to not check in for a while. I only have one email like was posted, and it's from some slore named "Apesays" whoever that is.

I dug through the Tapatalk website (nothing there to do anything with account info). Dug through the app, and don't see anything with real name. Only see Tapatalk ID (which is set to my penname that I had previously).
I did find the notifications setting and I shut them off because they're annoying. Tapatalk is still has a crappy UI. 5 clicks just to view the forums or whatever. Not intuitive at all.
From the emails I get from them, they've redesigned the app after their last redesign was terrible. It's still a piece of shit tho.

My email is my first and last name, which I used to sign up for tapatalk with. It was never made clear that others could see it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
That is a major flaw. Especially considering most forums are strangers. Could be super dangerous or something. I'm not worried though since I've never been very protective of my real info. I couldn't hide now if I tried.