Advice If you use tapatalk, you might wanna hide your info

I don't want it emailing random people about me though. Privacy should always be a concern, each person should be able to choose how private or open they want too be, some app shouldn't decide for them.
Right but if you sign up with a username of your firstname.lastname isn't that on the user and not the company? Last I checked Tapatalk has no other information other than my e-mail, username and now that I'm female. No one forces a person to pick that stuff as a username.

Right but if you sign up with a username of your firstname.lastname isn't that on the user and not the company? Last I checked Tapatalk has no other information other than my e-mail, username and now that I'm female. No one forces a person to pick that stuff as a username.
Is there an option to not share your information with whoever they want too though? That's the privacy issue, them giving out info.

Is there an option to not share your information with whoever they want too though? That's the privacy issue, them giving out info.
They're not giving out information. JCC noticed that people had firstname.lastname listed on the e-mail he got about who liked his posts. Those were the chosen usernames. So IMO this a whole lot of bitching about a user picked name and not privacy.

No.
They weren't.
Uh, yes you do. I remember signing up whenever my work forum started to support tapatalk in the last year or so. I chose my username. I double checked and I could change it again right now if I wanted to. It shows your username when you are logged in as well. So sorry I side with user choice, not privacy issues.

No you said you used it before it was Tapatalk and they didn't let you choose then. So sorry if I am confused by this dumb argument, because you can go change it now if you wanted to. I even googled and back in 2009 you could change it too. I never use anything with firstname.lastname if I don't want others to know it isn't me. That's why you create throwaway accounts. Keep real name for personal stuff, and fake names for online crap.

They're not giving out information. JCC noticed that people had firstname.lastname listed on the e-mail he got about who liked his posts. Those were the chosen usernames. So IMO this a whole lot of bitching about a user picked name and not privacy.
regardless, they shouldn't be sending that to other people in my opinion

• Gravy
Reactions: plot
regardless, they shouldn't be sending that to other people in my opinion
But they aren't pulling it out of the profiles where it is hidden. That's all. Just a different point of view for me really. Never use your name in an e-mail or username unless you want people to know it.

I think it's good that you pointed it out to those, but really that's something you should keep track of (generic you - not you you) if you are touchy about it being out here.

But they aren't pulling it out of the profiles where it is hidden. That's all. Just a different point of view for me really. Never use your name in an e-mail or username unless you want people to know it.

I think it's good that you pointed it out to those, but really that's something you should keep track of (generic you - not you you) if you are touchy about it being out here.
most may not know how touchy they need to be if others are going to send their information out via e-mail.....username, or otherwsie

Doesn't matter what someone's email or app user name is, tapatalk shouldn't be sending info provided to them only to others who are only provided with a forum user name. They are merging two different databases of info given to two different entities and providing the combined info to a third party which is a privacy issue.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Doesn't matter what someone's email or app user name is, tapatalk shouldn't be sending info provided to them only to others who are only provided with a forum user name. They are merging two different databases of info given to two different entities and providing the combined info to a third party which is a privacy issue.
We'll have to agree to disagree. If you use a username you cannot expect it to be 'private' sorry JMO on that.