I think people have only been asking for this for the last 10 years

Provided it doesn't cost significantly more that what I already pay, I'd be grateful.

I don't need any of the sports channels, or most of the news channels, and I don't pay for premium channels as it is.

So it would be:
Local channels
Discovery
History
National Geographic
Science Channel
SciFi
Comedy Central
Travel
TNT, TBS, and USA
Hallmark and the Lifetimes for the wife
Bravo :shifty:
Outdoor Life
CSPAN
Fox news or CNN

Hopefully just those would be pretty cheap

The cable that turned in to Comcast used to allow you to pick 10 channels in addition to the regular broadcast channels at a lower price than normal basic. I'd love to lower my bill by getting rid of all the public access, christian, spanish, sports and women's channels. Basically, I'd be left with all the broadcast channels, USA, Spike, FX, Turner South, AMC, A&E, Discovery, History, TLC, Sci-Fi, Comedy Cent, Cartoon Ne. etc. I think that really just comes down to Turner, USA & Discovery channels.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Provided it doesn't cost significantly more that what I already pay, I'd be grateful.

I don't need any of the sports channels, or most of the news channels, and I don't pay for premium channels as it is.

So it would be:
Local channels
Discovery
History
National Geographic
Science Channel
SciFi
Comedy Central
Travel
TNT, TBS, and USA
Hallmark and the Lifetimes for the wife
Bravo :shifty:
Outdoor Life
CSPAN
Fox news or CNN

Hopefully just those would be pretty cheap

Add cartoon network to that list and Id be squared away.

KNYTE said:
Most Extreme Elimination Challenge is on Spike. It's also the best show on television.
I watched a ton of those until I noticed it was mostly re runs - imho the best show on television is Top Gear (when it comes back on) :drool:

Until I am actually directly paying for my cable, I don't think this will bother me too much. :)

ANd do people honestly see this as being cheaper in the long run? It is only a matter of time before the IPTV providers start offering packages and such.

Discovery
Discovery Health
Discovery Times
Military
History
International History
Travel
Food
Sci-Fi
FX
Cartoon
Disney
National Geographic
Animal Planet

Basically all the non-fiction/educational ones. They kick ass.

Oh, and OLN for hockey.

Sarcasmo said:
Discovery
Discovery Health
Discovery Times
Military
History
International History
Travel
Food
Sci-Fi
FX
Cartoon
Disney
National Geographic
Animal Planet

Basically all the non-fiction/educational ones. They kick ass.

Oh, and OLN for hockey.

You watch the "LOGO" channel too, dont you?

edit - you have Sci-Fi, FX, Disney and the Cartoon network on your "non-fiction" list?

Also, isn't this how television started? That is, didn't it begin with people paying for individual channels?

This is a lot like how telephones used to all be pay by the minute. Then they almost all switched to free local, limited long distance. Now that is mostly going away. Granted, many cell phones now have pay by the minute, but local vs. long distance is a non-issue for most. And even now, it looks like minutes are getting cheaper and cheaper. Soon they will mostly be free.