I slept with Scott Stapp.......and I'm late

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I can't offer you that, but what I can offer you is a picture of my husband in heart boxers??? :hi2u:

We bought you a heart-print thong, to match your hubby, as part of your Sekrat Santa gift, but forgot to send it along with the Marshmallow doodad. :(

fly said:
Its possible he was fooled into going to war with Iraq, and that is her gripe.

I've heard this argument before, and I think it's a cop-out.

For the decade of (more or less) peace in between Gulf 1 and Gulf 2 a lot of people joined the military with the thought that war was a remote possibility, and it would be free money/college scholarship. It is not the fault of the president (regardless of who it happens to be), the government in general, or the military when a conflict breaks out and people are sent to fight, and some of them do not come back.

He WILLFULLY VOLUNTEERED for the military, then WILLFULLY re-upped after his initial tour. He was called over to Iraq and went instead of going AWOL (which he could've done), and was tragically killed in battle. These are acts that I have nothing but the upmost respect for. These are also not choices someone who doesn't actually believe in the armed forces would make. He was there because he believed in what he did, and he believed in the men he served with. Whether or not he believed in the CAUSE of thewar is irrelevant, and I'm willing to bet that his last thoughts were not "I shouldn't be here because I don't believe in this war".

I also have trouble believing that some shifty eyed superior officer or recruiter went to poor ol' Corporal Sheehan and said "Yeah, re-up son, you won't go to Iraq. President Bush specifically said that you alone will not have to go to Iraq, and he also personally assured me that you will never die, ever."

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
We bought you a heart-print thong, to match your hubby, as part of your Sekrat Santa gift, but forgot to send it along with the Marshmallow doodad. :(
:lol: Thats awesome!!
Instead you shoult put it in Kiwi and take pics and send it to me :fly:

KNYTE said:

I've heard this argument before, and I think it's a cop-out.

For the decade of (more or less) peace in between Gulf 1 and Gulf 2 a lot of people joined the military with the thought that war was a remote possibility, and it would be free money/college scholarship. It is not the fault of the president (regardless of who it happens to be), the government in general, or the military when a conflict breaks out and people are sent to fight, and some of them do not come back.

He WILLFULLY VOLUNTEERED for the military, then WILLFULLY re-upped after his initial tour. He was called over to Iraq and went instead of going AWOL (which he could've done), and was tragically killed in battle. These are acts that I have nothing but the upmost respect for. These are also not choices someone who doesn't actually believe in the armed forces would make. He was there because he believed in what he did, and he believed in the men he served with. Whether or not he believed in the CAUSE of thewar is irrelevant, and I'm willing to bet that his last thoughts were not "I shouldn't be here because I don't believe in this war".

I also have trouble believing that some shifty eyed superior officer or recruiter went to poor ol' Corporal Sheehan and said "Yeah, re-up son, you won't go to Iraq. President Bush specifically said that you alone will not have to go to Iraq, and he also personally assured me that you will never die, ever."

I interpret Sheehan's message to mean: My son did what was right by doing what was told by a government he believed in, but the government did not do what was right when it mislead the country into an unnecessary war causing the unnecessary death of my son.

All the things you said are correct. He did go to war, because thats what he was supposed to do. She, and many other Americans, don't like the REASON we went to war, and don't think its fair that our sons are dying for the cause.

Initially, I would have to agree, but at this point, there is no turning back. We have to stay.

fly said:
I interpret Sheehan's message to mean: My son did what was right by doing what was told by a government he believed in, but the government did not do what was right when it mislead the country into an unnecessary war causing the unnecessary death of my son.

All the things you said are correct. He did go to war, because thats what he was supposed to do. She, and many other Americans, don't like the REASON we went to war, and don't think its fair that our sons are dying for the cause.

Initially, I would have to agree, but at this point, there is no turning back. We have to stay.
We went to war because congress (pre-rep takeover) voted for it. So everyone blaming Bush really needs to eat ass.

wr3kt said:
We went to war because congress (pre-rep takeover) voted for it. So everyone blaming Bush really needs to eat ass.
Yeah, because the executive branch didn't mislead them either. Anyone who thinks they get to see the same intel Bush does is smoking.

fly said:
Yeah, because the executive branch didn't mislead them either. Anyone who thinks they get to see the same intel Bush does is smoking.

I'm not denying that...but we also probably don't see 90% of the intel regardless...so it's sorta moot.