I slept with Scott Stapp.......and I'm late

wr3kt said:
I'm not denying that...but we also probably don't see 90% of the intel regardless...so it's sorta moot.

I'd say we (as the population) probably don't know 99.9% of what is really going on over there. To be honest I don't think the majority of the population should know.

We would not have won WW2 if the liberal media was over there following the soldiers, sailors, and airmen around analyzing everything they did.

Dresden ring a bell to anyone?

fly said:
Yeah, because the executive branch didn't mislead them either. Anyone who thinks they get to see the same intel Bush does is smoking.

I'm not denying that...but we also probably don't see 90% of the intel regardless...so it's sorta moot.

KNYTE said:
I'd say we (as the population) probably don't know 99.9% of what is really going on over there. To be honest I don't think the majority of the population should know.

We would not have won WW2 if the liberal media was over there following the soldiers, sailors, and airmen around analyzing everything they did.

Actually...the latest mass operation is a prime example:
Military acted of its own accord based on information they had and the media went nuts complaining about "not informing the public".

fly said:
Yeah, because the executive branch didn't mislead them either. Anyone who thinks they get to see the same intel Bush does is smoking.
We are supposed to believe that congress is smart enough to take care of the country but easily fall prey to the executive branch? They either are competent or not, cant be both :p

They also get to see most of the same intel, armed forces comittee etc... We arent exactly losing in Iraq but we'd be doing one hell of a lot better if the media wasnt breathing down their necks and we just let the military run the war.

FlamingGlory said:
We are supposed to believe that congress is smart enough to take care of the country but easily fall prey to the executive branch? They either are competent or not, cant be both :p

They also get to see most of the same intel, armed forces committee etc... We aren't exactly losing in Iraq but we'd be doing one hell of a lot better if the media wasn't breathing down their necks and we just let the military run the war.

QFT Also there are 4 senators and 4 congressmen who have security clearance to see any intel that any of the intel agencies have. Usually it is the four leaders of the house/senate and the four leaders of the intel committees in the house and senate.

I'm responsible for making all phone and data communications function at work. I was talking in depth with my head phone guy about how he handles little things like giving new employees phone numbers and his system for choosing what number would be approperiate to their location. At any given time there is 1500+ numbers in use. After him not giving me a direct answer and trying to change the subject I realized that he just gave out the first free number he could locate to the new person or wait until someone says their desk phone says the wrong name and then just correct that. Fairly typically for a phone guy. One of the reasons he's 12 years older than me and I'm his boss.

So i then thought to ask what was the standard procedure from there. Who does he pass on the information that employee so and so at this physical location has this phone number. He says he lets the person know what their phone number is. ok..... So I go and talk to the last few people that he has given numbers. They happily informed me HR knew this information. So I looked up where HR is suppose to contain information on an employees location and phone number. And that stuff was either wrong or just not there. After talking with a lot more departments I realized everyone's answer to who records such things as employee office changes, phone number changes, and any form of employee tracking was some mythical HR person knew this stuff but no one actually sent HR any type of information. And no one actually knew who did this magic job.

So I went and talked with HR. They agreed with me that no one contacts them and when I asked what was the system that had sent in place for doing this and they gave me a blank stare. Hr said supervisors entered the info, supervisors said building managers entered the info, building managers said departmental secretaries entered the info, departmental secretaries said supervisors entered the info. But no fucking anyone actually enters the info where they should. So I sat down and created an extremly easy procedure for the helpdesk and phone support to notify them of any moves or changes becuase no one works without a computer or phone. All HR had to do is just enter the raw data in the location that were suppose to be doing all along. I even had designed in a system of checks and balaences that everyone was willing to do that would have kept the info 100% accurate and a way to do year easy evaluations on the data to verify my system worked. Just do your fucking job and enter the data!!!!

Their response was that the info was going in there and they didn't know all of the sudden what I was talking about. WTF!!!!!!!!! 3 days earlier them and 50 other people all agreed that there was a problem and i just fixed it for them becuase one day a year or two from now I would probably need that data to be correct. I then selected 30 employees at random and sent them a list of what their data thought the correct info was vs. what it was actually and it wasn't even correct 45% of the time. They looked at the hard evidence and said it was the supervisors job to enter the data.

SDFkjgdangdang/ldanrnakgea!!!!!!!!1

My boss stopped me from disabling their phones and internet connections.

The solution is to assume someone else mythically tracks this and hire someone in a year to worry about this same problem. I plan on also having that same person spell check all my posts. She's going to have the biggest....brain.

It was this type of thinking that kept the coyote from just ordering take out instead of random crap from acme.

Last edited:
b_sinning said:
I'm responsible for making all phone and data communications function at work. I was talking in depth with my head phone guy about how he handles little things like giving new employees phone numbers and his system for choosing what number would be approperiate to their location. At any given time there is 1500+ numbers in use. After him not giving me a direct answer and trying to change the subject I realized that he just gave out the first free number he could locate to the new person or wait until someone says their desk phone says the wrong name and then just correct that. Fairly typically for a phone guy. One of the reasons he's 12 years older than me and I'm his boss.

So i then thought to ask what was the standard procedure from there. Who does he pass on the information that employee so and so at this physical location has this phone number. He says he lets the person know what their phone number is. ok..... So I go and talk to the last few people that he has given numbers. They happily informed me HR knew this information. So I looked up where HR is suppose to contain information on an employees location and phone number. And that stuff was either wrong or just not there. After talking with a lot more departments I realized everyone's answer to who records such things as employee office changes, phone number changes, and any form of employee tracking was some mythical HR person knew this stuff but no one actually sent HR any type of information. And no one actually knew who did this magic job.

So I went and talked with HR. They agreed with me that no one contacts them and when I asked what was the system that had sent in place for doing this and they gave me a blank stare. Hr said supervisors entered the info, supervisors said building managers entered the info, building managers said departmental secretaries entered the info, departmental secretaries said supervisors entered the info. But no fucking anyone actually enters the info where they should. So I sat down and created an extremly easy procedure for the helpdesk and phone support to notify them of any moves or changes becuase no one works without a computer or phone. All HR had to do is just enter the raw data in the location that were suppose to be doing all along. I even had designed in a system of checks and balaences that everyone was willing to do that would have kept the info 100% accurate and a way to do year easy evaluations on the data to verify my system worked. Just do your fucking job and enter the data!!!!

Their response was that the info was going in there and they didn't know all of the sudden what I was talking about. WTF!!!!!!!!! 3 days earlier them and 50 other people all agreed that there was a problem and i just fixed it for them becuase one day a year or two from now I would probably need that data to be correct. I then selected 30 employees at random and sent them a list of what their data thought the correct info was vs. what it was actually and it wasn't even correct 45% of the time. They looked at the hard evidence and said it was the supervisors job to enter the data.

SDFkjgdangdang/ldanrnakgea!!!!!!!!1

My boss stopped me from disabling their phones and internet connections.

The solution is to assume someone else mythically tracks this and hire someone in a year to worry about this same problem. I plan on also having that same person spell check all my posts. She's going to have the biggest....brain.

It was this type of thinking that kept the coyote from just ordering take out instead of random crap from acme.

ahahaha...it's up to you to make that stick...make it an HR function and get it off your plate :)
we have all that shit go into peoplesoft

why_ask_why said:
ahahaha...it's up to you to make that stick...make it an HR function and get it off your plate :)
we have all that shit go into peoplesoft

I just created them a catchy new e-mail address and going to make my phone guys, the computer techs, and helpdesk send something to it anytime they move anyone. I have that e-mail address forwarding to about 5 different hr people. Hopefully someone somewhere will do their job and enter that info in the correct place.

My boss reminded me the reason why it's so hard to idiot proof anything is we hire better idiots every day.

I love that whole series of books. I read my son 4 or 5 books every night at bed time.

On a somewhat related note I was stuck behind a redneck in traffic earlier and he had a bumber sticker that said. "Hooked on Quack" Oh, those funny rednecks.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
It kinda makes me angry that anyone with a sex tape now, can have a career. What's even worse, is that now young people see it as a cool thing to have a sex tape on the internet.

Hell in a hand bag I tells ya!!
I have one.

but no career

KNYTE said:

I agree that there are things the public should never know. However, on the same notion, *insert Team America World Police music* were there things our country did to provoke this shit or are we just a victim of a self-proclaimed religious war?