I need your help, UF

/agree with DDR. Once you practice enough to be able to play the harder standard mode songs, and the easier heavy mode songs, it's quite a workout. You will work up a good sweat.

Are you simply trying to lose weight? Tried just walking more? Jogging is a huge step for most people, but simple walking is more than enough to get you losing weight.

Also, do you have trouble sleeping? I recently learned that if you have a hard time sleeping at night due to anything such as apnea, your body is pretty much not going to lose weight.

Also, do you have trouble sleeping? I recently learned that if you have a hard time sleeping at night due to anything such as apnea, your body is pretty much not going to lose weight.

I hate to do this but, do you think you could go into more detail?

I am asking for motivation to look better and live healthier. There is homosexual content nor sexual innuedos.

I was more or less looking at the fact of thinking you are fat when you are not at all. Sounds like a fem thing to me. Trust me I have a belly, your are not fat

Are you simply trying to lose weight? Tried just walking more? Jogging is a huge step for most people, but simple walking is more than enough to get you losing weight.

I don't sleep very well, no. I don't think it is apnea, but I can't rule it out. I have been smaller before, like 25 lbs lighter 4 years ago.

Losing weight would be a beneficial byproduct. Just getting in better shape so I adept at climbing or just better posture, and so I can fit into my clothes again.

I was more or less looking at the fact of thinking you are fat when you are not at all. Sounds like a fem thing to me. Trust me I have a belly, your are not fat

I just have 0 muscle, so whatever fat I have (however small) is too much.

dbzeag joining a pick up league in soccer or something else that is rich in cardio work out isn't out of the question at 28, in fact that is probably the average age of those that participate in these leagues since they are aimed at young to middle aged men - look around your local gyms and indoor soccer arenas

another idea is joining some sort of martial arts program

I also wouldn't throw out starting a jogging program - I would go to a store that specializes in running shoes, tell them you are just starting out and they will size you up with good shoes for you feet and stride and also supply you with lots of info on starting a running program

being a afraid of change will not lose your weight, since change in your body requires change in your life style

I just have 0 muscle, so whatever fat I have (however small) is too much.

uh huh, so your not fat your just not as healthy as you want to be. But you dont look at yourself in the mirror and think your a big fat guy do you?

if its just muscle you want and you already have some weight just do heavy lifting and it will turn to muscle. If you want to lose the size do mainly cardio

but then again you are listening to someone who doesnt do it for himself.

I hate to do this but, do you think you could go into more detail?

Basically, I have sleep apnea something fierce. Something like I basically stop breathing for 10 to 64 seconds on average 20 times an hour. Because of this, I miss out on the vast majority of my "restful" sleep each night.

Now... I complained to my doctor when I was getting checked on for other things that even though I've been working out for a time and biking to work on a regular basis. What he said was that since I had such a bad case of apnea, I would have a hard time losing weight until I got that fixed. Something to do with your body's tendancy to want to do a lot while asleep. :)

So... now that I am getting treatment for that, I'm hoping all my excercise will start to show results.

Also.... I've done yoga before, and that helped with the apnea a great deal. I also managed to drop about 40 pounds back then. (To be fair, I worked out a fair bit back then.)

Basically, I have sleep apnea something fierce. Something like I basically stop breathing for 10 to 64 seconds on average 20 times an hour. Because of this, I miss out on the vast majority of my "restful" sleep each night.

Now... I complained to my doctor when I was getting checked on for other things that even though I've been working out for a time and biking to work on a regular basis. What he said was that since I had such a bad case of apnea, I would have a hard time losing weight until I got that fixed. Something to do with your body's tendancy to want to do a lot while asleep. :)

So... now that I am getting treatment for that, I'm hoping all my excercise will start to show results.

Also.... I've done yoga before, and that helped with the apnea a great deal. I also managed to drop about 40 pounds back then. (To be fair, I worked out a fair bit back then.)

yoga is the shit

dbzeag joining a pick up league in soccer or something else that is rich in cardio work out isn't out of the question at 28, in fact that is probably the average age of those that participate in these leagues since they are aimed at young to middle aged men - look around your local gyms and indoor soccer arenas

another idea is joining some sort of martial arts program

I also wouldn't throw out starting a jogging program - I would go to a store that specializes in running shoes, tell them you are just starting out and they will size you up with good shoes for you feet and stride and also supply you with lots of info on starting a running program

being a afraid of change will not lose your weight, since change in your body requires change in your life style

All very good ideas. I was interested at one martial art, capoeira for the longest time, but I deemed myself too old to start that (19 when I was peeked by it).

I would jog more, but I am doing it wrong. For some reason when I was growing up, we would always run up and down hills to play. That taught me to run without using my heals. So now when I run, I don't use my heels and just land on the balls of my feet. Even after stretching (before and after) I can't go more than a mile without 2 days of pain. That limits a lot of cardio for me. I ride a stationary to make up for it, as well as swimming laps.

Now I am just making excuses. It's mainly because I am lazy and unmotivated.

All very good ideas. I was interested at one martial art, capoeira for the longest time, but I deemed myself too old to start that (19 when I was peeked by it).

I would jog more, but I am doing it wrong. For some reason when I was growing up, we would always run up and down hills to play. That taught me to run without using my heals. So now when I run, I don't use my heels and just land on the balls of my feet. Even after stretching (before and after) I can't go more than a mile without 2 days of pain. That limits a lot of cardio for me. I ride a stationary to make up for it, as well as swimming laps.

Now I am just making excuses. It's mainly because I am lazy and unmotivated.

Yes to be honest you are just being lazy and unmotivated - one of my favorite running partners in college only ran on the balls of his feet and I can't say he ever complained of calf pain, though he stretched very well before runs. "Proper" heel to toe strides can be learned if you invest the time to retrain yourself to run - after years of running I can go either way, it's no big deal.

To be blunt, joining a martial arts program can be done at any age. You just have to ask yourself what you are looking for. Are you trying to become the ultimate monk that will defend your temple and destroy your worlds? If your answer is 'yes' then maybe you should have joined up and learned the buddah palm fighting style from Pai Mei at age 3. Now ask yourself, 'are you trying to lose some weight and gain some discipline with it?'. If you answered 'yes' to that then you should look around at various schools to see what they offer, and to see if only kids go there or if there is a mix of ages. When I first walked into a Kung Fu school I was the youngest student, and at the time I was 22. It all depends on where you go, and it doesn't hurt to talk with the head instructor. THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.

josh, i honestly can't see you as anything but your size you are now, and you are not fat at all. i love your size!! :heart: