I need computer help!

Ok guys I appreciate the advice I will go with the hardware upgrades and see if i can get another year or two out of this thing.

I still think you have something else wrong. I can build an XP machine on a 5-7 year old machine with 256MB of RAM and it wont take 5 minutes to start Firefox.

Does Dave have a laptop? Just borrow his RAM to see if that fixes it.

edit: And btw, if changing the power scheme didn't help, change it back or your battery life will suffer SEVERELY.

Last edited:
edit: And btw, if changing the power scheme didn't help, change it back or your battery life will suffer SEVERELY.

yes, use portable when you're on battery and home or presentation when you've got it plugged in

also, if firefox is the only thing running incredibly slow then it could be something with that particular program. which version? have you tried removing and reinstalling it? could be a bad codec it's trying to load or a gimped dll it's choking on

make sure you update your Bios. do you need any recovery disks or diagnostic discs? I have both. anything del I'm rated to fix.

Oh what is your service tag on your laptop. Should be on the bottom of the laptop in a small white long sticker. 5 characters.

I still think you have something else wrong. I can build an XP machine on a 5-7 year old machine with 256MB of RAM and it wont take 5 minutes to start Firefox.

Does Dave have a laptop? Just borrow his RAM to see if that fixes it.

He doesn't have a laptop but his roommate does computer work and it keeping an eye out for some ram for me.

Now that wouldn't be as much fun now would it. btw, Im removing spyware off a customers computer right now. Part of my cleanup involved removing Nortons spyware crapware and replacing it with AVG. :D

I dont care for AVG

havent had any problems since installing 360, tons of constant problems when I just had AVG so i dunno :confused:

Everyone always says AVG is better, its just never worked that way for me

1160517397623.b.jpg