I need computer help!

Yup, assuming the drive wasn't fully formatted and the diagnostic partition removed.

To open the Dell Diagnostics, turn on the laptop, start hitting F12 and eventually a boot menu will pop open, select diagnostics or hardware test. I forget the actual name, but it should be apparent which one to choose. Once in there run the full test, which will test just about every piece of hardware in your laptop.

OOOH good to know.

So here, this is what you do.

Take it out and paint some flames on it... or at least put some cool decals on it, maybe a number 18.

..Yeah... you're feeling me.

That's what I thought she meant when she said she "re-did" it.

That goes for anyone...

I obtained through the normal channels a copy of Norton 360 with 10 year subscriptions, which means you dont have to worry about subscription for 10 years. Actually in activation it says you have 3600 days left, lol. PM me and Ill walk you through it when i get home if anyone needs it/help installing

That goes for anyone...

I obtained through the normal channels a copy of Norton 360 with 10 year subscriptions, which means you dont have to worry about subscription for 10 years. Actually in activation it says you have 3600 days left, lol. PM me and Ill walk you through it when i get home if anyone needs it/help installing

Norton is absolutely horrible. I'd rather shoot myself in the face than use it for 1 year.

Norton is absolutely horrible. I'd rather shoot myself in the face than use it for 1 year.

QFT. 360 is even less configurable then regular NAV or NIS. I despise that one even more. To temporarily disable the AV or Firewall for test purposes is like 5 clicks, when NIS is right click on the tray icon.

Oh and btw, if its a Dell, I wouldn't go through the exhaustive diagnostic test unless you have to. Start with the 'hard drive confidence test'. The full test can take like an hour or more, and it requires babysitting during certain parts.

start > run > msconfig

look at all the stuff in the startup and see if there's anything useless taking up resources like quicktime or nero. update and run antivirus, antispyware apps. get all windows critical updates :o

defrag hard drive, get more RAMZ ^_^

Nothing extra on startup . . . . Updated everything . . . i just reformated so I doubt that I need to defrag but i guess it won't hurt.

Yup, assuming the drive wasn't fully formatted and the diagnostic partition removed.

To open the Dell Diagnostics, turn on the laptop, start hitting F12 and eventually a boot menu will pop open, select diagnostics or hardware test. I forget the actual name, but it should be apparent which one to choose. Once in there run the full test, which will test just about every piece of hardware in your laptop.

Did this it said everything was ok.

Oh and btw, if its a Dell, I wouldn't go through the exhaustive diagnostic test unless you have to. Start with the 'hard drive confidence test'. The full test can take like an hour or more, and it requires babysitting during certain parts.

weird i didn't seem to have an option between the two and it only took about five minutes.